Help stealthing ports in Outpost

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mr2cents, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

I'm running kerio 2.15 on windows me. I installed outpost pro last night. It's a good firewall. It ran good. Even lighter than sygate free. However, it failed the stealth test at pcflank.com...and at scan.sygate.com.

I couldn't get the udp ports stealthed. That's the only part that was failing the stealth tests at both sites. Outpost was completely stealth at grc.com.

I know it's not the firewalls fault that it failed these tests. It has to be the user that set it up.LOL. Now, if someone could tell me how to stealth the udp ports..I would probably buy the firewall. I like kerio 2.15 very much. However, I think it's time for a change. I know that outpost pro is a stealth firewall. It's just something I did wrong in setting it up. Even the old free version of outpost passes all stealth tests for me..as does kerio 2.15, sygate and zonealarm free.

I guess I should have made a topic asking for help, instead of hijacking this thread :D I'm going to the outpost forum to see if I can find any info on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2005
  2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

I have split your post off into it's own thread.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. RipVanTinkle

RipVanTinkle Registered Member

Which ports are reported as open?

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Sygate's scan masquerades as DNS responses which are allowed by Outpost's default global "Allow DNS Resolving" rules. Tightening these rules up (e.g. by adding your ISP DNS servers to their remote host list) should pass those tests.

See section D1 of A Guide to Producing a Secure Configuration for Outpost for more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.