Help somebody please!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BobbyDigits, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyDigits

BobbyDigits Registered Member

Hello peoples,

I use TDS myself, being doing so for about a month now ....
    Long story short, I helped a friend fix his PC, it had a few problems with the display and "ftsnoop.exe" which I found out was a trojan or something so I decided to install TDS3 which I did and ran it, but it didn't detect anything so I decided to update it and run it again unfortunately I didn't stay at the PC. And by the time I came back, the screen was black and that was it. I couldn't restart the PC anymore. Please help somebody.

The PC runs WinMe.

Thanks in advance.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Did you try to reboot? Was the power on? Is somebody having a joke with you.
    TDS3 could not cause a hardware failure which is what you are describing.
    If you cannot see anything on your screen, has the video lead become lose or disconnected?

3. BobbyDigits

The wires aren't loose, i just can't reboot, it seems to be attempting to read from the CD drive then it hangs even the CD drive can't be opened.
    The screen just stays black, if it isn't TDS then what might have happened?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Probably a hardware fault, hard disk failure maybe, if it is trying to access the CD which is probably set up to be the second boot device if the first fails.

Just guessing - Pilli

5. BobbyDigits

I was going to swap the hard disk with another one but then I read about the problems with the recent update and I thought that that probably had something to do with it. I'll try that now, thanks Pilli.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Check the cables into the HD and MB before changing the drive, pull out an plug back in, sometimes the connectors can get oxidised. Make sure the power plug is pulled as some PCs don't have a swich that turms off the MB.

7. f123

f123 Guest

Reseat all devices. Also a good idea to reset the CMOS battery. Try another hard drive if you suspect a software problem. I like to remove all devices from the motherboard except for RAM, hard drive, keyboard, and mouse. If she won't boot, then you may have a problem with the powersupply or the motherboard.

Any fan, floppy drive, and/or hard drive activity?

F.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Bobby,

As Pilli said....it's very unlikely or impossible for TDS3 to cause hardware failure. Having said that we'll continue the discussion\troubleshooting in this Forum.

9. BobbyDigits

Thanks alot peoples, swapped the HDD(HDD1) with another one (HDD2) running the same OS but it still wouldn't boot. Then I put the HDD1 in the PC that had HDD2 in it and it worked.
    So I'm guessing the problem's the motherboard. Thanks for your help once again.

10. f123

f123 Guest

Well, did you do the connectors, strip the motherboard, and reset CMOS? Don't blame the MB until you've checked out the RAM and powersupply.

F.

11. BobbyDigits

Yeah, I did all that, didn't work. Works on the new mboard tho' so..... :doubt:

Once again, thanks peoples.

Oh yeah, does anyone know what that ftsnoop program I found was? (sounds like a trojan to me)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.