HELP!....restoring image problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by natetron66, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natetron66

natetron66 Registered Member

:'(

I created an image on to an external hard drive(300GB). I formatted my internal hard drive, and loaded the operating system. Now when I go to restore the image back via explore image to restore just files, acronis doesn't let me. (I'm using version 9). My guess is the file is corrupted. It doesn't tell me it's corrupted, but when I click "next" nothing happens. The file size is 50 GB. My guess is just one, or a few small files are corrupted. Is there anyway at all to open this to get my fileso_O Please, this image contains all information for my company! Anyone's help is much appreciated!!!

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Re: HELP!!!!!!

Did you try picking "Recovery" and then, when it asks, Files & Folders?

3. natetron66

Yes, I tried recovering both files, and the whole partiton

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

"My guess is the file is corrupted"

Did you try and verify the image?

5. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

I cannot help you but, if you cannot get a response that is going to get you out of this problem, then read the last response in the following thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=128483,

just in case you need to resort to other ways to recover your data.

6. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Have you had any success in resolving your problem?

If you cannot restore your image then the next best thing is to try and recover your data off your HD. Google for 'data recovery' and you will find a number of programs that will recover your data even though you have formatted your disk.

7. natetron66

Nope no luck with my image fil;e at all...

I will be able to recover data off the hard drive even after I formatted the hard drive, and reloaded the operating systemo_O?

8. bcool2

bcool2 Registered Member

Certainly not easily and certainly not for cheap.

9. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Sorry, I missed reading that you had reloaded the operating system. That makes it very difficult.

When you tried to restore your image, did you use the recovery CD or did you try within Windows?

10. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Hello Natetron 66.
    Have you tried Mounting/Plugging you image file rather than just going for a restore ? A sucessful mount would allow you to see, explore and copy you valuable data. The next step would be to copy all this to you fresh Windows machine.
    My choice for the mounting would be to do this on another computer thus leaving your existing main drive alone for the time being.

Xpilot

11. natetron66

When trying to restore, I tried within Windows....I didn't try loading from the CD

I will give it a shot and leave ya guys know

12. natetron66

Just tried booting off the rescue CD and still not able to load my image

13. natetron66

How do I try doing this by the way? What's the procedure??

14. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

Launch TI, click Operations, Mount Image and then just follow the procedure. If it able to mount the image then go to My Computer and click on the new drive that has been created and your files will be shown.

But before you rush into doing this, take Xpilot's advice

I know you will be tempted to try it on your own computer, but for now, the less you use your computer the better chance of getting your data back.

15. natetron66

Just tried mounting the image, and I get an error that says "cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive".

If this helps, i have other images saved from my server on this external hardd rive as well. When I got to restore/explore an image for the server, in TI, when I select the .tib file, it shows me the file name up top, then below that it shows a "preview" of the image. By this I mean the partitions in the image and the size of the partitons. For the current image I'm having problems with, when I highlight the location of the image, it shows me the filename up top, but NO preview down below that.

16. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

I would suggest that you get in touch with Acronis Support and see if they can shed any light on the mounted drive.

17. natetron66

I tried, but no response from them, have been waiting since last week

18. natetron66

pretty sure nobody can help me at this point, almost positive I have no hope of retrieving this data

19. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

I would suggest that you get in touch with the data recovery sites and see if one of them can recover your data. It might cost a substantial amount but the cost depends on how much you value your data.

20. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello natetron66,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for such a big delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3567.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please do the following:

- Try verifying the image having the issue by means of the embedded Validate Backup Archive tool accessible via the main program window both when the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Inform us about the result;

- Try mounting the image having the issue by means of the embedded Mount Image tool accessible via the main program windows and inform us about the result;

- Try restoring individual files\folders from the image having the issue by selecting the respective option in the Restore Data Wizard. Let us know the result;

- Copy the image having the issue from the external hard drive to any internal or network drive and try restoring\verifying\mounting it once again. Inform us about the result;

- If you are not able to perform the above actions then please describe in ddetail what happens when you try restoring\verifying\mounting this particular image archive. If possible, please also make screen shots of your consequent steps taken during the attempts to perform these actions along with the screen shots of any error, warning or informational messages you receive;

- Make a shot of the corresponding Restore Data Wizard screen showing a "preview" of the image contents;

- Attach the screen shots collected your post using 'Advanced' reply mode accessible at the bottom of this page.

As far as I can understand, you have already tried contacting us via e-mail but received no response. If this is correct then please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.