Help Restoring Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jiminwmbg, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiminwmbg

jiminwmbg Registered Member

The Primary HD on my Dell decided to get strange and they replaced it for me today. I had made a clone using TI home 10 onto an external USB Hard Drive. It's all there. Problem is when I try to boot from the TI Start Up CD that I made and clone it back it changes the drive letter to E and I need it to be C. Am I out of luck here or is there a work around. Looks like I should have done an image but I misunderstood the instructions. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as it will take me a week to put my computer back the way it was otherwise.

2. dld

dld Registered Member

Read this Dan Goodell Article. You may want to consider trying Kawecki's Trick. I can upload the Win98SE Startup Disk to a web hosting service. You can then download it from there.

3. jiminwmbg

jiminwmbg Registered Member

Thanks. I think I have a Win98SE Disk upstairs, I'll go look. If I cannot find it I may be back in touch. I was also thinking about calling the tech who took my old HD and working out a deal to "borrow" it back long enough to clone it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.