Help resizing partition on Windows 2003 Server

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by jrsitman, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrsitman

jrsitman Registered Member

I just purchased Partiton Manager Server 10 so I could take some space from the extended partition and increase the size of the "C" drive. The instructions say it can be done, but when I try it the steps are not the same on my software. So I need guidance. I've attached a copy of my partition structure

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Zageron

Zageron Registered Member

You will firstly have to move the location of the DATA in DATAPART1 to the right a bit.
    • Resize the DATAPART1 partition by right clicking, and hitting Move/Resize partition.
    • Drag the left most section as far as you like to the right.
      Note: The Move/Resize option should now be available to the Extended Partition.
    • Right click on the thin blue line and select Move/Resize.
    • Drag the left side as far as it will go (which will generally be the same as the distance you dragged on DATAPART1)
    • Now do the same with C:

The steps listed above will, in summary, resize DATAPART1 in order to make room for you to Shrink the Extended partition, which you follow by increasing the size of C:

Hope it helped.

3. jrsitman

ok, I'm working on it. I'll get back to you.

4. jrsitman

So the new volume "G" I created was wrong, correct? If I delete it will it give the space back to the Datapart partition?

5. jrsitman

Ok. your instructions worked fine. However, I still can't figure out how to take the unallocated space (35 gig) from datapart and move it to the unallocated space (3 gig) on drive "C". see attachment.

Attached Files:

6. jrsitman

You can cancel my questions. I read the steps in the manual several times and finally figured it out.

Thanks

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Glad to see it went well.

For anyone else reading this thread:

Shrink the logical drive first from the left - ( Rt click logical drive - select move/resize )

Then shrink the Extended partition from the left - (Rt click the Extended partition - select move /resize.)

The unallocated space will now be outside the Extended partition ( on the left of it ).

Include the Unallocated space in the adjacent Primary partition - ( Rt click the Primary partition - select move/resize.)

8. jrsitman

Just wanted to note that I couldn't have gotten this to work had it not been for your 1st post.

Thanks

9. Zageron

Zageron Registered Member

Who me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.