Help! Rescue CD doesn't recognize the Firewire Port

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cihan, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cihan

Cihan Guest

I am using True Image 6.0 and trying to boot from a True Image bootable CD.
    During boot it tells me it can't do something with the IEEE port the message is something like this:

IEEE ... Error logging SBP_Device - logging timed out.

How can I make this work / debug?

Thank You
    Cihan

2. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

Why are you still using TI 6 when version 8 has been out now for a while?

3. Cihan

Cihan Guest

It worked in the past and it was working recently, never even thought of getting the new release, why would I?

Do you think the new release will possibly work?

4. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

Because it's possible that the problem you are having has been fixed in the leater versions. I think I even saw it in the FAQ somewhere that you should update to the latest version and run that before you request for support. It's just common sense.

5. Cihan

Cihan Guest

It is a $30 common sense :)

OK I purchased it. So now I am trying to boot from a CD created with True Image 8 and it is still giving me the same error:

ieee1394: sbp2 command timeout

What are my options now?

Thanks

6. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

Wait a minute! It didn't occur to me that you have to buy the newer version again, instead of just downloading the latest one if you had a registered earlier version with a serial number. That's what I did, but then my purchased version was still the same major version 8, so perhaps that's why I could and you could not.

As a "Junior Member" of this Forum (how does anybody get promoted from that "Junior" status, by the way?), I am probably not much help to you as far as product support goes, but knowing something about Unix and Linux (and not much about Windows,) I can make some educated guesses on what might be happening in some cases. Your case reminds me something similar to what I was having when I booted into the TI Rescue CD directly from Windows XP through "Restart" (reboot) instead of shutting down and then cold booting. If that's what you did, too, I suggest starting up your Rescue CD from the power-off state to make sure your Firewire controller is in a reset state and see if that makes a difference. But make sure that the Rescue CD is made with the newly purchases TI 8. Don't use your old TI 6 rescue software.

7. Cihan

Cihan Guest

Thanks BoeJoe,

I read one of your previous Firewire threads and the new Acronis with booting the computer cold works. I am guessing that this might have been the same issue with the TI 6. But oh well I guess I'll keep the new release though I don't think I need any of the new features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.