Help please!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by TheUnkown506, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheUnkown506

TheUnkown506 Registered Member

Ok,i have services as a process,as any other person dose,And it hasnt cuased any CPU problems at all,when i got pg v2.000 that changed,now it uses up to 40+ CPU each second and my CPU usage is 100%,if anyone knows how to fix this problem please reply,Thanks in advance :) (This cuases much lagg with games,ETC.) :doubt:

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Welcome to the forums TheUnkown506,

Is Process Guard responsible for your CPU utilisation? If you can confirm this (check the DCSUserProt.exe process in Task Manager to verify), then check the PG log to see what activity it is reporting (and copy the details in your next post).

You also mention running PG version 2 - PG version 3.1 is now available and should be a free upgrade (if you are running the full version). It provides improved security so it is worth installing.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I addition to what P2K has stated version 3.1 also handles services.exe in a much safer way i.e. by assigning the individual, underlying .exe certain privileges.

You can get the full version 3.1 from the DCS members area here:http://www.diamondcs.com.au/members/

You must completely uninstall version 2 before installing Version 3

HTH Pilli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.