Help please

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by cyberdog, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberdog

cyberdog Registered Member

Hi All,
    When i try to log into say, ebay.co.uk it does not show the correct page. Then when i have a look at my firewall log it show other address that i have not entered. I have run a virus check, ad-aware and spybot but they found nothing. Can anyone please help.Thanks
    When i type in ebay here is the log from my firewall

19:54:52 iexplore.exe TCP OUT ad.doubleclick.net HTTP Internet Explorer HTTP connection 192.168.0.2 1197 ad.doubleclick.net
    19:54:52 iexplore.exe TCP OUT ad.doubleclick.net HTTP Internet Explorer HTTP connection 192.168.0.2 1196 ad.doubleclick.net
    19:54:52 iexplore.exe TCP OUT pics.ebaystatic.com HTTP Internet Explorer HTTP connection 192.168.0.2 1195 pics.ebaystatic.com
    19:54:52 iexplore.exe TCP OUT ad.doubleclick.net HTTP Internet Explorer HTTP connection 192.168.0.2 1194 ad.doubleclick.net
    19:54:52 iexplore.exe TCP OUT ad.doubleclick.net HTTP Internet Explorer HTTP connection 192.168.0.2 1193 ad.doubleclick.net
    19:54:47 iexplore.exe TCP OUT www.ebay.co.uk HTTP Internet Explorer HTTP connection 192.168.0.2 1192 www.ebay.co.uk

2. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

192.168.0.2 is your router,

it might be a firewall setting on the router itself that is not allowing comnnection or it could be some hijacker
    go to https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12516 and download 'Hijack This!'.
    make sure it is placed into it's own folder, not a temporary folder. Then doubleclick the Hijackthis.exe.
    Click the "Scan" button, when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.
    Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.
    It will possibly show issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required,
    so do NOT fix anything yet.
    Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.