Help....PLEASE

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by oddmanout, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oddmanout

oddmanout Registered Member

Hello all,

Please allow me to cry a bit.

I love the software FD-ISR, My pal has version 3.21.205 (Best software for windows)

I tell everyone all the time to get a copy of the software as it saves my pal all the time. (EVERYONE & ALL THE TIME)

I wanted to get a copy and put in an order for the newest version 3.1.215 from Horizon Data Systems - but the name has changed and the software is called "First Defense Rescue"

I'm thinking well the new name and the New version must be a "Visturd". The same functions will be available to me for Vistard and XP. Both are supported and I download the software, install and get going.

Wow the UI is really odd, but the option should be here some place? NOPE

DUH, 3.1.215 only allows two snapshots. This snapshot that I'm posting from & the recovery?

So, The question now is "Now that i have removed all versions of fail from the Windows OS, what can I pay for that kicks AscII like FD-ISR 3.0.205?"

This is where the forum folks may help me, as they have been using other options available.
    Please help me to move to the next step " -====== End looking for New software to Buy =======-" .

OR
    Flame this post Hard... I Like that was well

Thanx
    :argh:
    :ninja:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

First Defense Rescue is a downgraded version.

As to the rest of your post, I don't have a clue what you were trying to say.

The original version of FDISR is no longer available.

Pete

Sorry for the DUH moment.

3. oddmanout

First Defense Rescue is a downgraded version. - Yes, that is what the post is about ....
    Help i need to know how to get a diff. version, with out stealing it.

I will pay the $40.00 for 3.21.205 that is what i wanted to buy.
    or
    Leapfrog support to tell me how to get the apps functions back.

I only get one working snapshot and nothing else?

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

No, you won't. FD-ISR Professional is no longer for sale, as (I think) Pete was trying to tell you, despite him saying "OA" is no longer available (I think that was a typo).

5. oddmanout

ok i guess i have to ask this again, if no 3.2.205..... Than what else is there offered that will do the same thing as the FD-ISR software?

6. crofttk

Mmmmm, I think people are using things like Rollback RX and others that I can't name - since I'm sitting on FD-ISR Pro and have no interest in those others.

BUT, you will find MANY threads and discussions of these other programs, particularly in other Wilders forums like "Software and Services". One search term to use may be "instant recovery" - an example thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=231381&highlight=instant recovery

EDIT: I don't think you'll find anything that does exactly the same thing as our beloved FD-ISR but you may find something that fits your needs albeit in a little different manner. Best of luck!

7. oddmanout

thanx man. looking over that post now :cool:

8. crofttk

No problem and, BTW, welcome to Wilders!;)

9. oddmanout

i have been on for a while, but nothing made me want to post.

i found two other programs that look about the same with 1000 snap shots : ) that works for me, the UI seems a little broken ?

:argh:

10. Peter2150

Yep. See my red face.:oops:

11. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

2150 - the young man does seem to appreciate fdisr's powers, surely the elders could come together and work something out for him in this one instanceo_O? o_O

12. Peter2150

Leapfrog has made their position pretty clear. Anything else done here would be illegal and violate forum policy.

13. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Leapfrog probably has some sort of contract with Horizon and to do what is being suggested would probably get Leapfrog into legitimate legal trouble.

Acadia

14. raakii

raakii Registered Member

If u want many snapshots fdisr is the best way , though no longer available.Otherwise for simple recovery nothing is more reliable than an image backup.Other Isrs are more problematic and slows down the comp IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.