Help Please!!! Spyware issue

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by sababa, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sababa

sababa Registered Member

Hi,

A while ago i realized that every time i plug in my HD Passport external hard drive to my PC some files that are stored on the hard drive are showing in my PC recycle bin, i checked a few times and these are the latest files i added to the drive. Once i eject the hard drive from my PC the files gone from the recycle bin. however, They are not deleted from the external hard drive. Recently i switched to a iMac and i purchased a new Seagate external hard drive and transferred all my files from the HD Passport to the Seagate drive, and now it does the same on my iMac, every time i plug the Seagate drive into my iMac some files (the latests i stored) are showing in my iMac recycle bin, once i unplug the drive from my iMac the files are gone from the recycle bin.

I am scared of what it can be and i would appreciate any help. What can it be? is it possible it is a spyware? If yes, how can i detect where it is and remove it?

Thank you very much!!!!!

Sara :)

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Normal behaviour as designed and nothing to be concerned about.

3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

i think u have deleted some files of external hard disk to recyclebin.. But didnt empty recycle bin.. Thats y those files are shown every time u plugin that device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.