help please - Recovering from TI boot CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sagra, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagra

sagra Guest

It was important to me to test the disaster recovery process, (using the boot CD method), of True Image 8 (build 8.0.937) on my brand new computer (after I loaded the approx 15 programs I always use). After creating the true Image Boot CD and creating (and verifying) a full image of my C drive, onto an external USB drive, I started my computer with the True Image boot CD that I created. I waited and watched. It went through few Acronis screens to one where it said “loading, please wait”. It stayed like that for 10 minutes, so I turned off the computer (and ejected the boot CD). Then I researched the TI forum some, then I tried again. This time I hit the F11 key as soon as I saw the Acronis loading message. It threw me into a screen with a prompt and some sort of Linux Kernel reference. The prompt had the word “quiet” already typed into the line. I deleted the word the hit OK or “enter” (I forget which). Then was a long string or running list scanning down my screen. When it stopped there were a few references to “error" on a few lines above. There was a prompt at the bottom. I typed “help” and hit enter. Then there was a list of option with the appropriate commands shown. I typed in the one that said something like “quit processes” or something. Then I got the Acronis window where you restore an image and I went through the steps and after 20 minutes I successfully restored the image I had created. Can someone tell me how I can go directly to the image recovery program when booting from the recovery CD, without all that mysterious and a little nerve wracking steps I had to go through after booting? I have a brand new system. This should be easy and intuitive. I thought I studied the manual and forums thoroughly enough. This is important to me. Thanks in advance. Bob

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi again sagra,

After pressing F11 whilst booting from the rescue CD and getting to the Linux kernal command line, do not delete the word "quiet" but add a space followed by the commands acpi=off noapic (note that the second command is spelled noapic, not noacpi).

If that works then contact Acronis at support@acronis.com, explaining the problem, how you overcame it and request they provide you with a link to a downloadable ISO of a boot rescue CD that already contains the acpi=off noapic commands. You will also need to provide Acronis with your registered Serial Number as evidence of purchase.

Regards

3. sagra

sagra Guest

Thanks Menorcaman,
    You're very kind. Say, why do you think a user is forced to go through such a puzzling process to start the restore disaster recovery/image program?
    Bob

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It's system dependent. I've never had to do that on any of the machines I've worked on. You're just lucky. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.