Help please for NOD32 Newbie - Various Questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by peter7769, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter7769

peter7769 Registered Member

Dear All :)

I have just replaced Avast Antivirus with NOD32 and there are a few questions I would like to ask that I hope someone could answer.

1. Avast had lots of various on access programs like script blocking and instant messaging scanning, does NOD32 carry out these functions?

2. Is it possible to modify the clean message that NOD32 adds to the bottom of e-mails??

3. Is it possible to set NOD32 to add the clean message to outgoing e-mails without
    Using outlooko_O

4. Do you have to have stunnel running in order to scan Gmail that’s coming into my e-mail cliento_O

5. I noticed last night that some of the e-mails that came into my inbox had the nod32 clean message on the bottom of the e-mail and some did not, has anyone got any ideas as to why this is, it seemed that e-mails with attachments didn’t have this message, is there some setting I need to change??, if not then how can I check to see if that particular e-mail has been scanned??

6. Have I made the right move in changing from Avast to NOD32o_O

Sorry for the long list but I thought it would be the easiest way of asking, hope someone can answer all or some of the above.

Cheers Pete ;)

2. starter15

starter15 Registered Member

I have never been a long term user of avast, but i have recently moved from nod32 to avira because i was getting a few viruses that nod32 never detected. I will test avira out for awhile and see how it compares.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is just a personal opinion. There is no AV that detects 100% of all threats, that's a matter of fact. We have seen many examples where NOD32 detected a threat missed by other famous AVs and vice-versa. Improving detection is probably the most essential neverending task for any antivirus vendor.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

1. Avast had lots of various on access programs like script blocking and instant messaging scanning, does NOD32 carry out these functions?

Yes

2. Is it possible to modify the clean message that NOD32 adds to the bottom of e-mails??

No

3. Is it possible to set NOD32 to add the clean message to outgoing e-mails without
    Using outlooko_O

No

4. Do you have to have stunnel running in order to scan Gmail that’s coming into my e-mail cliento_O

Yes

5. I noticed last night that some of the e-mails that came into my inbox had the nod32 clean message on the bottom of the e-mail and some did not, has anyone got any ideas as to why this is, it seemed that e-mails with attachments didn’t have this message, is there some setting I need to change??, if not then how can I check to see if that particular e-mail has been scanned??

Caused by Gmail or encrypted account brought in through POP3 as far as I am aware.

6. Have I made the right move in changing from Avast to NOD32o_O

Indeed you have.

There is a Tutorial HERE

Cheers :D

5. peter7769

peter7769 Registered Member

Thanks very very much Blackspear, i will have a look at the tutorial ASAP :D

Any problems and ill be back in touch if thats ok?? ;)

Pete

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome, and ask away if the need arises.

Cheers :D

7. abhishek

abhishek Registered Member

Hello there everybody!Just joined the forum.Recently a virus "STORM" has been making a lot of news in the media saying it to be quite potentially dangerous virus and resilient too.Many security firms like Spamhaus have been researching on it.I just wished to ask if anybody knows about this and i am sure ESET must taken notice of this.So has been there been any progress in finding the remedy?

8. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

ESET is aware of this threat. See here for more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.