Help on recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by securityguard, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. securityguard

securityguard Registered Member

my HDD just crashed n i want to restore the image partition(C:) i created using Acronis True Image 9.after going thru all the process,recovery options etc.a reboot is needed.so i rebooted com n waited.it says loading Acronis bootloader...
    n hanged there.nothing shows except for the black screen.

i m using Acer travelmate series.can someone guide me to restore the previous partition C:?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Have you ever tested the Rescue CD before on that computer?

3. securityguard

securityguard Registered Member

Wat i did was i did a full backup of my partition C: only.i did not use the rescue disk feature as this is my 1st time using image backup softwares.can anyone wif acer coms help me to get the bootloader working?

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

If your hard drive crashed and you're not using the Rescue cd, how are you trying to run True Image?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello securityguard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. After that please boot your computer from this bootable CD into the full version of Acronis True Image and restore the image archive.

If you not able to boot please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.