Help on Boot Manager problem

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by jackmccoy, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmccoy

jackmccoy Registered Member

After installing Paragon's boot manager on my system (that boots the pc into the backup capsule from the pc itself) and using the F8 option to start the pc, the first item "Fix Windows" no longer works (it gives a message that the file system can't be found). The system works fine otherwise, it's just that I need to get into this Fix Windows mode. Uninstalled the boot manager and it didn't help.

Any idea how I can get this function back? Thx

Using version 2010 of the backup & restore program.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Do you have Windows 7 installed?

If yes, try to assign drive letter to the System Reserved \ Recovery partition:
    1. Click Start - Control Panel.
    2. In Control Panel, double-click Performance and Maintenance
    3. Click on Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
    4. In the Computer Management tree, click Disk Management.
    5. Right-click the partition w\o drive letter on you system drive and click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    6. Click Change, and change it to the original drive letter to S: (or another letter you like) , Click OK, and then click Close.

Then reboot and check if Fix Windows works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.