Help needed!

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Bio-Hazard, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

:'( I spoke too soon! Itried to do a update to my external harddrive and i DIDNT work!! I think i cant use that to store my archives.

I was thinkig...If i put my archives to my second internal harddrive, is there a way to move them to the external harddrive?

Kristian

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

A simple copy/paste maybe.

However it's not normal that your archives can't be updated on an external harddisk. Is it an USB 2.0 cable problem ? Maybe it is damaged.

3. Bio-Hazard

Well it is a mystery. I think i just change how i use archives for now. I am going to use my internal harddrive to copy archives, which i will update normally. I also going to have a back up on my external harddrive which i dont update, i just delete them when they are too old.

I have another external harddrive, i will give that one ago aswell and see what happens. maybe it is a usb cable problem!

Thanks

Kristian

4. ErikAlbert

That is a very good idea !!!

5. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

Sorry about that - StorageCraft was adding more memory to its web servers to handle the increased load we've experienced lately, so they were temporarily unavailable.

6. Bio-Hazard

Hello!

Well problem got worse :'( . I put my archives to my internal harddrive. I couldnt copy/update my archive on that internal harddrive. So i took a drastic measure and completely uninstalled FDISR. I just put it back on again. I just have to wait and see what happens now! Unfornately i dont have the time today because, i am going on holiday for a week so i will be back to let know what happened with FDISR! I just had thought, could it be registry cleaner problem?

Thanks for everyone for their help!!

Kristian

7. ErikAlbert

I agree with this approach. Possible solutions are :
    1. Uninstall FDISR first without killing the snapshots and install it back and see if it works.
    2. Archive all your snapshots. Uninstall FDISR completely with snapshots. Reinstall Windows + FDISR and use your archives to restore your snapshots. See if it works.
    3. Any other solution will be worse.

8. Bio-Hazard

Hello!

I am back again. I tried solution number one. I am just wondering could i do reinstall of windows on to empty snapshot and see if that works?

Kristian

9. ErikAlbert

That is also possible, but I wouldn't install much more than just Windows without any tweaking and FDISR, because the more software you install, it will be more complicated to nail the problem.
    After creating that empty snapshot, you have to try again and if it works, it will indicate that another software is causing the problem. If it doesn't work you have a more serious problem.
    When you gradually add softwares and test again, you might find the software that causes the problem.

10. Bio-Hazard

Okay that sounds a good idea. How do i do the reinstallation of windows to a empty snapshot? I have all the necessary drivers and cds! Do i just boot to a empty snapshot and then start installing the windows? Will my second internal harddrive be safe?

If this doesnt work, what could it be? Hardware problem perhaps?

Thanks

Kristian

11. ErikAlbert

Read and print post #7 on PAPER of this thread :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=173661
    and read the red warnings carefully.

Yes your second internal harddrive be safe. FDISR ignores any other harddisk or partition.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  12. Bio-Hazard

Thanks Erik again. You have been very patient and helpfull. I will go and get myself ready and try to do it tonight if i have the time!

Kristian

13. ErikAlbert

No sweat. I didn't forget how Wilders helped me. That's why I like to help other users as much as possible.
    Good luck with your Empty Snapshot. :)

14. Bio-Hazard

I havent had the time to start to do a reinstallation of windows on to a empty snapshot. I have just contacted Raxco and see what happens.

Kristian

15. Bio-Hazard

Hello!

I havent got any reply from Raxco, but i did reinstallation of windows on to empty snapshot....which went very well. I still cant update my archives, but everything else works! Well i can live without it, i just have to work around it!

Kristian

16. Bio-Hazard

Well it is me again! Raxco support havent contacted me, but i can update my archives again :D . I have no idea what has happened o_O !!

Kristian

17. ErikAlbert

Let's hope FDISR will keep it that way. Wacko indeed, which reminds me of what a free lotto owner told me once, when I couldn't play lotto on his website : "Sometimes computer problems are solved by themselves, if you wait long enough."

18. Bio-Hazard

That is absolutely right!:D Well i am just happy that it is working again.

Kristian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.