Help needed with Windows update.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TimeKeeper, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeKeeper

TimeKeeper Guest

Hello

I am planning on reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows and would like to know if there is some way i could copy all of my Windows updates out of the Windows system folder (if that's where they are), and put them on a cd, and reinstall the updates off the cd, so i don't have to download them all for hours and hours at the Windows update site.

If this is possible what files/folders would i need to copy from the Windows system folder? I am still on dialup, so this seems like a good idea if it can be done. I am using Windows ME. Thanks for any assistance.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You might check around and see if one of your friends might have one of the microsoft update cd's. Sorry I can't help on where to find the files on your comp, not to familiar with win ME.

3. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    TimeKeeper

Another problem with your good idea is that if there are some dll's in the updates then they would need to be re-registered in the new HDD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.