Help Needed With Strange Problem

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mannaggia, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

Hello. I'm having a problem that I can't figure out why it's happening or how to fix it.I have licenses for several AVs. KAV 5, NOD32, TrendMicro 2006, NAV 2006, and McAfee VS 10, which is free from Comcast. I can't install any of them, except for NOD32 and McAfee. When I try to install KAV 5, TM 2006 or NAV 2006, I get a cannot install due to corrupt or missing file. Maybe not exact words, but close. I tried installing from my backup CD, with no luck. I even downloaded the files from the KAV and TM sites, but that didn't work either. I have never run more than one AV on my computer at a time.I have run RegSeeker, RegCleaner, thinking that maybe there was something in the registry that was causing this problem. I also ran TuneUp Utilities. Nothing has helped.Can anyone explain what might be causing this to happen?

2. Mannaggia

An update incase anyone else runs into a problem like this. A friend of a friend stopped by to help out. After checking every thing, he had an idea that it could be a problem with the memory stick. He changed it out, and problem solved.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Good to see that the problem had a favorable resolution. ;)

4. Mannaggia

Yeah, it feels good to have the computer working like it should again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.