Help Needed with Bart PE CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by The_Flying_Scot, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Flying_Scot

The_Flying_Scot Registered Member

Hi
    Help! I am completely new to Bart PE and know nothing (or next to nothing!) about it, other than it is supposed to let me boot up in a Windows environment and run ATI (among other things) straight from the Bart PE CD.

I followed Mustang's instructions and created my Bart PE CD. I installed the ATI 10 Bart plugin (which I saved on my PC by selecting "Custom install" when I installed ATI 10, build 4942). I have a couple of issues I hope someone can help me with.

ISSUE 1
    During the creation of the Bart CD I got 2 x warning messages, apart from these everything seemd to go ok. The warnings were -
    Warning: Creating ISO-9660:1999 (version 2) filesystem.
    Warning: ISO-9660 filenames longer than 31 may cause buffer overflows in the OS.

Does anyone know why I would get these warning messages?

Issue 2
    Step 9 of Mustang's instructions on integrating the ATI plugin says -
    "9. Now hit the Plugin button in the pebuilder.exe window. Look down the list for Acronis True Image Home 10 or a similar name for your version. Highlight the name of the plugin. Now hit the Help button to read the instructions in the help file. These instructions will guide you through one easy step to add all the files the plugin needs as well as the Acronis True Image user information from the Windows registry. Please read the entire help file so you will understand the limitations of the plugin".

When I hit the "Plugins" button the ATI plugin is listed as "enabled" and resident in the file (ATI10) I created under pebuilder3110a/plugin. When I highlight it and press "Help" the MS Explorer page that opens does not include any instructions or the "one easy step" Mustang refers to. Is this because Bart or ATI plugin has been updated since Mustang's instructions were written and no further steps are needed to integrate the plugin into Bart?

ISSUE 3
    My last issue is can anyone tell me how I test my Bart PE CD and how I access ATI when booting from Bart. When I boot what should I see and how do I get into ATI?

Many thanks to anyone who can put me on the straight and narrow!

Regards

The_Flying_Scot

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If memory serves, once your Bart cd boots up, you'll find True Image under:
    Go > System > Storage.

Sorry, can't help with the errors ... it's been too long since I made my Bart cd. :cool:

3. smiley2

smiley2 Registered Member

Issue 1 is no problem, this warning is always present.

:)

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Mustang's instructions refer to HIS plugins which have to be configured. The plugin included with TI needs no further work if it is shown as enabled. If you have the CD built now is the time to test and do a restore to be sure that it works.

5. The_Flying_Scot

Hi Tom
    Thanks very much for the info. I have booted using BartPE Disk and boot up is fine. I have also confirmed I can access ATI from Bart and access my image that I have on my USB drive. Next step is doing a recovery, but first can you confirm something for me please -

When Bart boots up and the Bart screen appears I get the following message along with "Yes/No" buttons:

"Network support is not started yet. Do you want to start network support Now?"

Although I have a wireless access point to the internet, as my backups are not on a network (my image is "local" on a USB drive connected to my PC) am I correct in assuming I don't need to activate Network Support for the purposes of a recovery?

Thanks again

The_Flying_Scot

6. grndhg13

grndhg13 Registered Member

That's correct scot, if you're image is on a local drive you do NOT need network support from BartPE.

7. The_Flying_Scot

Hi Grndhg
    Great! Thanks for confirming

Regards
    The_Flying_Scot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.