help needed to fix NetBT error

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by StOoGiEmEiStEr, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StOoGiEmEiStEr

StOoGiEmEiStEr Registered Member

Event Viewer/System announcing an error Event ID 4311 for Source NetBT:
    "Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created"

i run a kickass comp just reformatted it twice cause of a trojan(syslem.exe go avg! kick its ass!) and thats all fixed now but i now have this netbt error where it only allows me to access the internet on my homegroup, anyway i need to fix this cause i want to access my bros computer on the MSHOME workgroup and to transfer some files over, but it keeps saying it doesnt exist.... it is connected to a 8 port switch with a router 3 comps n adsl 1500/256. thx any help would b great cause im totally stuck on how to fix it.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. StOoGiEmEiStEr

that doesnt answer my question, u cannot ask for a hotfix with SP2. can anyone smart please reply here the perfect complete steps to fixing this manually instead of some lame non helping link thankyou

4. StOoGiEmEiStEr

a trojan called syslem.exe caused this problem. i have to reverse it without reinstalling

5. walking paradox

walking paradox Registered Member

With an attitude like that, I wouldn't expect much help. Disrespecting an esteemed moderator is no way to garner help from members here. Personally, I think you owe Ron and everyone at this forum an apology for such disrespect.

6. StOoGiEmEiStEr

then i'll just assume no one knows how to fix it

7. StOoGiEmEiStEr

normally when ppl defeat a trojan or fix a bug or problem they write a conclusion for a quick way for others to fix it without learning how it works etc. this is what i want to ask if anyone has wrote one about this error!

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

9. StOoGiEmEiStEr

so in otherwords if u dont know the answer dont reply at all. and fine im sorry for calling u not smart but underestimating me as to thinking that i hadn't checkd that link out yet, totally doesn't help me at all. i reformatted twice and still the problem persists. my xfire is stoogiemeister if u want my comp specs

10. StOoGiEmEiStEr

yea sorry guys i just get impatient and annoyed at the ppl who have allready fixed this problem and that they refuse to tell everyone else HOW TO FIX it straight up, so that means for every person who has this error has to do days and days or trial and errors until we fix it... its just annoying. and ive been trying to fix this for like 2 weeks now.. its ridiculus. im sure ron is way smarter than me. but the fact is not even microsoft have a fix for this problem. i will search that page for answers thx ron!

11. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Frustration's aside .... what part am I missing? You reformatted twice but have to fix it without reinstalling? Sound's to me like you need to re-establish the connection at the switch. I'm not understanding the error coming after format unless you were connected. That the deal? As far as anyone writing about it, consider each scenario is unique.

Steve

12. StOoGiEmEiStEr

no the thing is a untraceable source of syslem.exe trojan that whenever i reinstall it installs itself then mucks up the netBT then i get rid of it using AVG. but i didnt do proper trial and erroring to find the source but i have 2 harddrives and there both clean but whenever i install a small program like divx player or something it gets infected lol and to tell u the truth i cant be bother reinstalling again and again to find the source. so i myaswell find a way to fix it manually. ill reply later on after i do alot more of searchign thx guys, and thx ron for the helpful link

13. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

14. StOoGiEmEiStEr

cracked lol no. everyone does it. over 10 mill use bittorrent so u cant just say that towards me. and my xp pro is a 100% legit proper schools version which means infinite comps can run this cd key. u get the cd keys for free when ur a IT manager for a school. and btw that cracked imtoo infected file was only affected after running the hidden syslem.exe trojan that then decided to randomly infect something. before that it was perfectly clean. as to why i said its untraceable. all files on my computer atm are 100% legit. this error has nothing to do with corrupted cracked files. still i will reply later if i still have trouble. i have to go post like 30 items at teh post office now damn mass ebay seller lol. thx

15. StOoGiEmEiStEr

the 2nd time it infected a random file was in c:\system volume information\a10001.exe

16. StOoGiEmEiStEr

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset c:\ resetlog .txt

Running Command Manually:
    run netsh
    netsh> interface
    netsh> IP
    netsh> reset c:\resetlog.txt

^^^^failed^^

didnt fix anything, need more clues :p

17. lodore

lodore Registered Member

maybe a stupid questions but have you made sure the other computers on the network arent infecting your freshly installed pc?
    it could be once you connect to the network one of your other computers infects that pc.
    so make sure all your other desktops are free of malware.
    lodore

18. StOoGiEmEiStEr

thankyou lodore for the suggestion! will look more into it later

19. coolbluewater

Huh? So you did 3 formats since June 28th when you did have cracked programs installed to give you a "100% legit" system? I don't think so.
    Plus what you're saying is you have your school's academic copy of XP installed on a home PC (if not all of the ones on your network you mentioned). My guess is the same as Lodore's - you're getting pwn3d from the PCs on your own network. Am I the only one who thinks this is funny?
    And you're wrong, the error has *everything* to do with those supposedly non-corrupted cracked programs.
    As far as "everyone does it" - only those with not enough brains to realize they're willing to be a honeypot or part of a botnet.

20. lodore

lodore Registered Member

@coolbluewater,
    I find it funny as well:D
    i downloaded a few cracked program a few years ago then learned my lesson.
    that was with my old pc.
    since then all my programs are 100percent legal.
    its funny since i used to be a typical teenager downloading illegal software and now im a really safe surfer helping people at wilders:D
    i just get the stuff from the offical sites when they do really cheap offers.
    lodore

21. coolbluewater

@Lodore - sometimes it takes a rude awakening for people to see the light. :cool:

22. lodore

lodore Registered Member

true but there are thousands of people downloading illegal software everyday you cant stop them all.
    i even try to tell people at college that the people making the software need to feed there familys as well and they are like i dont really care
    lodore

23. coolbluewater

Lodore, pood point, and when I come across those people, I tell them that OSS is free. Most of the better OSS developers already have jobs and contribute their spare time, but I hear ya.
    Instead they'll choose to feed the malware writer's family. :cool:

24. StOoGiEmEiStEr

i do understand u coolbluewater but those other computers dont belong to me and aint run by me. so its not my fault if the others are affected. brb couple hours tryin someten.

25. StOoGiEmEiStEr

Hi i tried again to fix it and succeeded!
    i found a usefull page about Event ID:4311 which is here;

"http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4311&eventno=910&source=NetBT&phase=1"

i tried them all and 1 worked for me for Windows xp SP2:

Conclusion:
    1. Start > Run > regedit > hit enter
    2. goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > NetBT > Parameters, click on parameters.
    3. Right click TransportBindName and click modify
    4. Change the Blank Value Data to "\Device\" and click OK
    5. close all off and reboot your comp!

AND BAMM ITS FIXED THK GORD BOUT TIME.

p.s. sry about getting angry before, just to let u guys know i didnt mean to do any harm, u guys are way better than me. thankyou for your time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.