Help needed ... can't uninstall TrueImage ...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tri-City-Maniac, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tri-City-Maniac

Tri-City-Maniac Registered Member

Hi,

i downloaded a german testversion of acronis trueimage 9 ... i tested this one for a few days, but's not really my cup of tea, so i wanna go back to norton ghost. So i tried to uninstall acronis trueimage 9 but i only get an error message (in german) "Die Kopnfigurationsdaten für dieses Produkt sind beschädigt" ... "the configurations for this product are damaged" or so (in english) ...

So i tried to reinstall the same version to fix this problem, but there's another error message now ... "E00640003: The error was encountered while the installation" so ... there#s no way to reinstall ...

So how can i uninstall acronis trueimage 9? I wanna get rid of it, but some configuration files seem to be damaged ...

Thanks for your help and sorry for my crappy english ...

cu

tom

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Are you using the Control Panel to uninstall the program? What might be happening is that True Image, by default, has a few features running in the background which, depending on how the uninstall routine is written, you might need to disable before the uninstall will work.

3. Tri-City-Maniac

No acronis features are running in the background, all acronis stuff is disabled or quitted in the task manager ...

4. Ralphie

Go to Start/Run and type msconfig in the box ... click the StartUp tab ... there should be three lines there that pertain to Acronis.

5. Tri-City-Maniac

No, there aren't any lines according acronis true image ...

Only when i go to ... "control panel" ... "software" ... there's a "Acronis True Image" line ...

6. Ralphie

Hmmm ... I'm at a lost then ... the only other alternative is to manually remove Acronis from it's install folder then enable a Restore point (to bring back the Registry to pre-Acronis) on a date before you installed Acronis.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

8. Tri-City-Maniac

Well, thats it! This method works for me ... thanks to all for your help :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.