Help Me Please!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Yang-Um, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yang-Um

Yang-Um Registered Member

Question:

Can a T-Image be installed on a partition on my 2nd drive <D> and if I have to boot from this drive & image, how can I do this^

Thanks to Any and All for the help!

2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Welcome Yang-Um I think it would be a little more helpful to sort out what you mean. Are you asking if you can copy and image to your second drive or are you actualy installin TI on your second drive?
    An image is not bootable. It is like a (picture/image/snapshot) as it where of your whole drive, operating sytem, MBR, registery and data. The image is used to recover your system if need be. You can recover to a new hard drive if your old one should give up on you. It would be a simple matter of unpluging the old drive and plugging in the new one and inserting your Rescue cd ( you did make one didn't you ?) then selecting "recovery" and if your image is indeed a good one, you will be up and running in no time.
    Look at all the different posts on this forum, you will find it a great source of information. What to do and what not to do.
    Also open True image and tell us what version and build you have. ( Help, about) Good luck

3. Yang-Um

Actually I have Partition Magic 8.05 & TI 10 Home but am really unclear about how to use them. I think I need to make a partition on my C drive where I can install the image created by TI but I thought if I have the space to put the image on another drive <D> I wouldnt have to use the Partition software...simpler for me! I just re-formatted my HD and re-installed Win XP Pro and a few programs (which in itself was a big task for me, let alone Partitioning my HD and making an image...etc) I got through the (I hope) hardest part so Id like to do it all. But after reading the incompatability issues and possible problems & risks from both PM and TI, I kinda got discouraged.

Hope you can help a little...thks!

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Yes you can Use Acronis to make an image of C: to be stored on D:

I'm afraid I don't know about any incompatibilties between Acronis True image and Partion Magic. Personally I would partition your C: drive with PM or any other partition program to make your system more flexible.

when you have made an image of C: to D: you can restore either from within windows -- just follow the restore instructions within Acronis or by using the emergency CD that you should create. You can use this CD to restore the image stored on D: to C:

5. Yang-Um

Thks Long View for the help!

Ill start out by Partitioning the drive and see what happens!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.