Help me out here folks! Ever since Firefox v39.0...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Jul 22, 2015.

1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'm having to use IE Tab probably more than 50% of the time to open embedded links. It's getting to the point where I'm considering using IE. I can't believe I just stated that!
    In the link I provide, opens but the scrolling mechanism doesn't. This is the type of issue I am dealing with. It's not Adblock Plus as I've disabled it and it isn't a conflict with Sandboxie either. Although I haven't tried disabling Blur.
    I'm hoping it is some Firefox setting that can be changed in Options or about:config and I thank you!

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I can't duplicate. Have you considered uninstalling and reinstalling, and possibly recreating your profile if that does not work? You would have to reinstall all of your extensions and reapply any changes you have made to your config, but it sounds like something is corrupt.

3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

ratchet, also check Browsing settings in the Advanced tab.

5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thank you for all the advice! Will work on it tomorrow.

6. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I'm using uBlock original and the site shows 48 domains trying to connect. Scrolling through the 11 views did not work for me either. I temporarily allowed everything to connect and scrolling was not a problem. You probably have Noscript or some other addon that is blocking the required connection to allow the scrolling to work.

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if i disable ublock and refresh the page scrolling works fine. otherwise it doesnt work for me either

8. stackz

stackz Registered Member

To fix the pcworld link for ublock try adding the following to your filters:
    Code:
    @@.lazyload-ad.$script,domain=www.pcworld.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.