Help me out a bit?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by curious george, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curious george

curious george Registered Member

Well, this may sound like a really weird question. Actually, it WILL sound like a weird question. I didn't know where else to ask so if its in the wrong place, please forgive me. I'm looking for a place where i can DOWNLOAD spyware to test out my pc's security. I want to install them to see if my antivirus picks it up and if not, which antispyware is better. Just running some tests on a pc. So if you guys know where, please let me know. I especially want those rouge antispyware's if you know where i can get em.

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

3. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

hi curious george,

In a nutshell if you have to ask for sources of malware then you are more than likely incapable of dealing with some of the nasty stuff out there on the WWW when it installs IME

Please bear in mind that a large percentage of malware infections are regulary evolving or at least rehashing the component parts inorder to evade the defenders when they are called down from the server's.

So in most cases dont expect your AV to blink or the cleaners to work off the bat against some of the stuff out there:eek:

So do you have drive imaging/VM or rollback available ?

If your answer is no then can you disinfect a mass file infector manually,know how to use forensic tools, liveCD etc

If you cannot answer confidently yes to most of the questions then i strongly reccomend you do not play with *malware* as you are going to get hosed big time at some point:ouch:

4. curious george

curious george Registered Member

ofcourse i do. i wouldn't face the world without a virutailzer. I virtualized my pc, downloaded some of those rouge antispyware stuff just to check out how far it'll go. I was running nod32 smart security along with sygate firewall and super antispyware free version (soon to be pro). I wouldn't just install junk on my pc for no reason without ANY back up plans. Trust me...

5. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

Best of luck then:D

Malwarebytes is a good source of Rouge stuff:thumb:

6. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

I think some rogue apps can detect they are in a virtual environment and tend to behave?

Not sure on this thougho_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.