Help Me ESET Guru's

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by siggy, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siggy

siggy Registered Member

ok so my pc is being rooted by something. each time i bootup i see command prompt on the screen or an identical looking black windows for a split second, to fast to read anythting on it if there is anything. if i bootup with the internet on only C drive will show and i cannot access any of my other hardrives. if i bootup with the internet off, everything is fine. also i am experiancing momentary lag where the mouse stalls and them moves a short time later.

spybot has found nothing. adaware found some low and medium level tracking stuff. true sword 4 found some registry keys linked to zlob.downloader and lmir.trojan which i could not fix as the trial ran out =(

also eset trial smart security has found nothing ! and niether has Spyware doctor.

please help me. i have to go for work now, so il be back in about 6 hours.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

After HiTech_boy's advice and you're still at a loss/confused, I'll have you try something specific.

Start with HijackThis, download it and do a scan and save the log file. Post the logfile (any board rules against it? o_O). My initial guess is that it's not a "deeply rooted" issue so it'll probably show up in the scan logfile.

There's another program, autoruns (from sysinternals), but the log it saves is more "broad", almost like a profile of your computer. Anyway, that's for later.

ps, I'm not a guru :D

Regards.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

6. pheather

pheather Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.