Help me delete!!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by mason15, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mason15

mason15 Registered Member

I keep getting a pop-up called *search42 EVERY time I try to use a search engine like google or yahoo. I always search for the file and delete it, but somehow it keeps showing back up.

I have Adaware, SpyBot, and Spyware Blaster installed. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this pesky thing?

Also, I've been trying to delete some old files (adaware, I'm assuming) from my computer. They all have .dll and .exe extensions. When I try to delete them, I get the message saying that it cannot delete: cannot read from source file or disk. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

THANKS!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

mason15

Go to one of these sites and post a hijackthis log. Instructions are provided on the sites. Do not post a log here as Wilders no longer does hijack logs.

You will need help cleaning your computer.

CastleCops
    Spywareinfo.com
    Net-Integration

3. mason15

mason15 Registered Member

So, to clarify....
    I need to go to one of those sites and re-post my problem? Or is there something else I'm missing here? Sorry, I'm somewhat clueless!! :)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.