Help me configure F-Secure firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tisungho, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tisungho

tisungho Registered Member

Hi everyone,
    I don't know how I can set my VOIP program to pass the FS firewall.

Please check this link to see the port numbers:
    http://www.voipbuster.com/en/faq_connection.html#55

I entered the those ports both in initiator and responder ports, and defined a firewall rule with this new service, but the program cannot get through. I tried to change the initiator ports from 1023-65535 (as in FS support page), and it works for logging in but not for calling. At the moment, whenever I wanna make a call, I have "Allow all network traffic". I think FS's firewall is hard to configure compared to the others like Trend Micro or Norton.

Please help me configure it properly.

Thanks!

2. tisungho

tisungho Registered Member

Hi Again,

It worked when I changed in "Trusted Network Adapter" from "None" to my LAN Card's name. But I don't know what it is for? Can anyone explain and tell me which one is better?

Thanks

3. onearmbandit

onearmbandit Registered Member

Hi

Never allow the network interface you connect to the network as trusted. What this setting means is: I trust everything from this interface so do not scan. Therefore you are open to everything using Trusted - don't use it!

I assume you added the following ports and configured these both ways and not just out?
    UDP 5060UDP 11113 UDP 10300 - 10311UDP 6901 - 6920

Also take a look at your Application Control for any Voipbuster processes that might be denied.

Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.