Help me choosing which Rollback Software pls

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by w00tm4n, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w00tm4n

w00tm4n Registered Member

Hello,

I'm looking for a rollback software that could allow me to do those things:

- prepare a system;
    - something like freeze it;
    - I can do what I want even surfing on infecting website. If there are infections, these must remain even if I restart, they should disappear when I choose to switch back;
    - when I want switch back to the clean system.

Until here DeepFreeze, ShadowUser, Rollback RX would be great, but I don't want that it switch back at restart. I wanna choose when switching back, not at the restart/shutdown.

I tried FirstDefense too, it looked that when I boot to a snapshot and then I do modify , they are registered to the snapshot. So if I boot again from the snapshot modifies are still there.

How could I do? Thanks :)

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That's because you don't know how FirstDefense-ISR works. RTFM or read the Leapfrog Forum at Wilders. :)

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

U have to use FirstDefence freezed snapshot for that but at one time u can freeze only one snapshot. But ofcurse u will loose changes on reboot.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Refreshing with a bootable rollback snapshot OR refreshing with an archived snapshot is also possible.
    After all a frozen snapshot = refreshing with an archived snapshot, but it happens automatically during reboot.
    Unfreeze + Freeze allows the user to keep the changes.
    A disabled Pre-boot screen doesn't remove the changes either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.