help! lopped

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by starmaiden, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starmaiden

starmaiden Registered Member

I'm running SpySubtract (evaluation version) and I'm trying to get rid of a desktop hijacker; a lop, I think. I'd like my desktop back and some system resouces would be nice too. A scan with SpySubtract found some items, but the desktop still isn't mine. In addition, Norton will not stay installed after several attempts - Firewall and Anti-virus...you can forget about support from Norton. I purchased the Xsoft spyware program, but a system rebuild due to BIOS update problem from HP lost registration code of program after system rebuild was required with the hosed BIOS update. It is virtually impossible to get to XSoft support to determine my registration number. I know, I should have written it down. Recommendation: don't buy Xsoft, which seems to be sold under several different names, which I found out about after purchasing the product based a high recommendation in a higly respected :'( poota magazine.

Second, isn't it about time for a class action suit against kompanies that steal our systems - it is like stealing the tires off our cars and no one in authority doing anything about it. I sometimes wonder if the people selling anti-spyware are manufacturing the malware to increase business.

I've been trying to fix my problem for two weeks and I'm just angry at a system that allows theft for profit...
    thanks,
    starmaiden...

...so many thieves and so little time...

...and the winners are: Norton, HP, and Xsoft...thank you for waiting and please standby...

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi starmaiden, and welcome to the forum.

Since you've mentioned having a hijacker and the programs you've scanned with have been unsuccessful in removing it, your best bet now would be to go to one of the sites listed in this link: http://www.a-sap.org/ and have a HijackThis log reviewed by an experienced spyware removal Expert.

Two of the larger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than many others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com.

Whichever site you decide to go to, please be sure and follow their posting policy and guidelines before you post your hijackthis log.

Regards,

snap

3. starmaiden

starmaiden Registered Member

Hey snap, thanks, I'm learning on the other side of the screen you're looking at as we travel around the Sun together. Some great minds here and I'm humbled. I just want my macine back. I'm very old and finding it difficult to comprehend how truly evil humans can be. :blink:
    Thank you,
    starmaiden, aka irrlicht

As Tackhead said at the end of the last century: "Technology delivers!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.