HELP! kaspersky makes my PC 100% CPU usage!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by myhomie, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chia

chia Registered Member

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=11188

The two instance of avp.exe running are normal as indicated in the above FAQ. There is also a KAV registry cleaner available on the kav forum but I'm not sure if it is for v5.0, v6.0 or both. It might take care of that kavsvc.exe.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Since you now have uninstalled Windows Defender and only have 1 AV installed, is your system still spiking?

What is loading up in your system tray apart from Outpost and KAV?

For example, since you have KAV you may consider only running TrojanHunter as an on-demand scanner only.

Further, OutPost still seems a little heavy and looking at CPU time and Virtual Memory may also be beneficial.

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Don’t install anything till you get rid of kavsvc.exe. If I were you I'd do next:
    Uninstall KAV 6 and then use KAV_Remover to get rid of kavsvc.exe (if its still there). You can download KAV 5.x removal utility from here http://www.ice-kav.com/tools.php .

tD

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

myhomie's problem is that he does not have the key and have to get a replacement-key, before he can do any of the stuff we have helped him, he still has several months left on his license.

myhomie

When you get a new key then download these two removal-tools: KisKav6Remove.zip & KAV_Registry_Clean.zip, make a folder called Kav 6.0 on the desktop and unzip KisKavRemove into this, unzip the KAV_Registry_Clean.zip to the desktop, then uninstall Kaspersky, reboot into safemode and run the two tools, reboot and do the cleaning described in post #11, reinstall Kaspersky and most likely you're back to normal.:)

5. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Isn't kavsvc.exe part of Kaspersky antivirus 5? It looks like version 5 is giving him problem.

tD

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, it is, but everything worked fine until he installed Windows Defender, then all hell broke loose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.