Help is BDE Administrator Suppose to Be in my Control Panel

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Hershon, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hershon

Hershon Registered Member

I just noticed the other day that BDE Administrator is in my Windows XP Media Edition Control Panel. Before I do something stupid, is this supposed to be there or is it spyware from downloading Kazaa?

I uninstalled Kazza and Grokster and even tried to take p2p out of startup by msconfig but for some reason I get on a program called noadware, "p2p network running". I delete it but it keeps coming back. "P2P Networking" doesn't show up on my spybot or Ad adware scans. I even tried to go into the registry and delete it but everytime I do it regenerates back into the registry.

I am convinced or maybe obsessed that this is slowing down my broadnad speed. Before I spend another $30 a month to double my broadband speed from 3000 to 6000 on Roadrunner, I want to know that the speed doesn't seem slow because "p2p networking" is running somewhere.

Help anyone? Oh yes, BDE killer download does not seem to actually exist in this present time.

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

That BDE Administrator icon has shown in my Control Panel as well, but it was installed as part of my Corel WordPerfect suite. Do you have any Corel products installed? If so, that's probably what it's from.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Hershon,

Administrator is a tool for configuring the Borland Database Engine.

To help alleviate your concerns, go to the cotrol panel and open BDE. Click on help, then contents, there will be an overview of the program. If you don't utilize a database for your job, you can just leave it in place, no worries...

I just noticed another thread your in with Bubba and BigC, in that thread you mention "B3d". I saw they gave you some links to try, in addition here's a page on Kazaa.

Don't forget to take a close look at that doxdesk page.

Keep us posted...

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.