Help in setting-up FlashGet in Sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Dundertaker, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Help in setting-up FlashGet in Sandboxie

Hi;

Anyone know how to set-up a download accelerator like FlashGet in Sandboxie?

I use Sandboxie 3.40 mostly for surfing the net and the occasional opening of programs that I don't have familiarity with. Thing is I use a slow connection at home (dial-up..belt-tightening due to the economy:( ) and doing downloads are a pain. For big downloads I go to an internet cafe and do it there.

I never used a download accelerator before and it's the first time I'm trying out one. I'm kinda getting accustomed to use Sandboxie everytime I surf the net at home. Makes me feel a bit more secure in tandem with my security softwares.

Can anyone give me guidance/important tips to set-up FlashGet in Sandboxie for a more safe downloading experience?

What are the keypoints that I must consider in setting a download accelerator in Sandboxie?

How can I make FlashGet recover whatever it downloads be placed in a folder which is when you click it will open in automatically in a sandbox rather than going to "Run Windows Explorer sandboxed"? Is this possible? How can I set it up like that?

If there are any other download accelerator which is more better/compatible in Sandboxie may I know which is it and how it is set-up to function in Sandboxie like the conditions I have mentioned?

One more thing, I am also using Online Armor free and upon installing FlashGet it detected it as "keylogger". Am I safe from keyloggers as long as I am in a sandbox? What precautions do I have to take/do to be safe from keyloggers?:(

Please help me on this. I really need to understand this one more.

My security set-up is Avira Premium 2009/Online Armor free real-time, MBAM/SASpy free and HitmanPro on-demand. TrueCrypt encrypted partition.

Kind regards,

Dundertaker:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.