Help in removing......

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ams963, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

I want to remove Windows Live- Call, Mail, Messenger, Gallery, Writer, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Messenger, Windows Movie Maker, MSN (2) and Windows Media Player.

I do not need them and I think I can live my computing life without them.

Those are part of windows so I had tried to use Remove Windows Components. But only some of them were listed in the Windows Components Wizard. And furthermore if I try to Internet Explorer for example, it just comes back with only the desktop shortcut displaced.

My system in question is Win XP SP3 32 bit.

Please help me.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Remove what you can and then anything else leave be. IE can't be removed.

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

IE comes back. Windows Live apps are not listed in that Wizard and so no way to remove them. I had tired once to remove MSN and even succeeded but then my system went banana. Had to restore an image to save my system.

That is why I have opened this thread to see if anyone here helps me. I want to remove those programs. I know many members here hold amazing knowledge and experience. I hope I would get proper guidance and advice.

4. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Sorry to agree with you Cudni but that is not true.

As soon as I install Windows 7, I remove IE, Media Features, and Tablet PC Components from the Programs and Features section in Control Panel and after the reboot they are gone forever.

I only use Firefox and MPC-HC + LAV Decoders so I dont need IE or Media Center and WMP

Attached Files:

5. kupo

kupo Registered Member

That's called "disabling" not removing. You just disabled IE and the others, you didn't remove it.
    @ams963 You don't need to disable Internet Explorer, it's not recommended. You have Sandboxie right? You might want to just force Internet Explorer in its own Sandbox, edit that Sandbox settings to just run a single non-existing exe. (for example, set it to run only asdsdsd.exe).

6. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

You haven't removed IE; you've turned the application off i.e. you've disabled it from running.

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Hence using Windows feature to disable what you can

http://tweaks.com/windows/39477/howto-remove-internet-explorer-from-windows-7/
    "
    ..While the rendering engine will remain for compatibility reasons the IE executables, shortcuts and settings will be removed
    .."

8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I actually wanted to remove the apps in my first post because I don't seem to use them. I wouldn't want things filling up my system that I don't use.

Well if I cannot remove them I guess I'm stuck with them. That's not a problem since I have been stuck with them for over 5 years now in my XP system and my other pcs.

9. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

ohhhhhhhh thanks a lot for letting me know....

we learn new things everyday!

and I always thought I had them removed.

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

windows live programs arent under remove system components they are listed under add and remove programs and you can remove those.

11. guest

guest Guest

You can truly remove IE and other native Windows components making customized unattended installations. Programs like RT Se7en Lite and 7Customizer (for Windows 7) ; XPlite and nlite (for Windows XP) allow this. But this isn't a recommended procedure.

To uninstall Windows Live programs, check this article.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.