Help! I have a virus that my McAfee program couldn't zap!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by RCGuy, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

By the way, I just want to be sure that that bad boy is gone because I haven't went to any of my bank sites, or billing sites since this happened. :eek:

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

In that case I can,t say anything on this matter. Wait for some more experienced persons. BTW, u have a good outboud control or not?
    BTW, as I said earlier scan with kaspersky online scanner plus download anf install trial version of Ewido and scan with it plus SuperAntispyware free version and scan with it( I am assuming u are not using any anti-trojan or antispyware before). If all these scans are clear, at least in my limited knowledge it should be OK.
    Lets, see what other members suggest.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, the faded out folders are actually hidden folders that are now visble as u cahnged ur settings to show the hidden folders. So if u want to search something manually in hidden folders first u have to make them visible as u did. NOW u can just change ur settings back to hide these folders again that is the default setting for these folders.

4. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

What is outboud control?

Click here (But now minus Spybot - Search and Destroy and AnalogX Cookiewall)

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I mean what type if firewall u use, if ur firewall is watching for any applicarions trying to connect from ur PC to internet then the chance is less that even if u have a trojan etc it can send any information out from ur PC.

What about the results of scans?

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BTW, I will say u might be better to remove some appliances. Seems too many except if its, ur hobby or u are testing them.

7. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

It's called McAfee Firewall Express and here's some more information about it:

http://us.mcafee.com/firewallexpress/

But it seems to be doing a good job as it frequently alerts me to various applications that are trying to access my computer and asks me whether or not I want to allow the application to access my computer. Plus, I also have a Netgear router which is suppose to also act as a firewall.

Well, hopefully I'm pretty well insulated, although a trojan did recently enter my computer about a month ago, however, I was able to get rid of it either through an Ewido scan or through System Restore. I did both and I'm not sure which one of them got rid of the trojan. And as far as the Kapersky scan goes, it's going on right now and I will let you know what the results are either tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  8. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Some of them I *am* testing like the Ashampoo which is going to expire in several days and I've already decided that I'm not going to buy the full version, but I agree with what you're saying. It's like that old saying: "Too many cooks in a kitchen." :)

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So what about scan result by Kaspersky?

10. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Nothing showed on the Kaspersky scan, therefore, I hope that means that everything is all right. Although, I've noticed that recently my internet seems to be stalling a lot, and sometimes it just acts kind of strange. So for peace of mind, I think that I'm going to go ahead and post a hijackthis log at one of the forums. Especially in view of the fact that my AOL Protection program also recently told me that it blocked a trojan:

A Trojan from one of the websites that I was at, or from my computer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.