help how to remove the splash screen of esetsmart security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jemz, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jemz

jemz Registered Member

hello can you please help me..is it possible to remove during the start up the splash screen of my esetsmart security?...i don't want to be shown the screen because it takes time..please help me hoping for your positive responds...

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello and Welcome to the Wilders Security forums:thumb:

Do the following and you will get the splash out of the way!
    Though, You need to put ESS into advanced mode to reach the advanced setup tree.

In the ESS GUI push > (Setup) and then > (Show entire advanced setup tree) >and scroll down to > (Userinterface) and untick >(Show spalsh-screen at start up) and push OK and you're Done.

But I can't agree with you though, about that it takes a long time for the splash screen to go away it only takes 4 sec for me;)

SweX

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thanks, Richard, I was not aware there was a ESET KB Solution for the splash screen, however, I do believe it is off by default ?

Regards,

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No it's not OFF by default, because I haven't turned my splash ON;)

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  6. jemz

jemz Registered Member

halu sir thank you for the reply but how did you configure to make that 4 sec to go awa?please help me sir...and i will also try the one that you teach me sir..thank you again sir..hoping for your positive responds...more power to you..

7. jemz

jemz Registered Member

hello sir thank you for the reply sir and for the video tutorial...i will try this sir and will write again if i have doubt...more power to you sir..

8. jemz

jemz Registered Member

sir i have also question is it possible to make faster or immediately stop the nod eye in rotating in system tray?here's the scenario sir..when the splash screen load in startup,after the splash screen gone the eye of the nod is shown in system tray and it takes 20 sec or 25 sec in rotating in system tray . can i adjust this or to be easily stop?..hoping for your positive responds...thank you in advance sir...

9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hi Sir!

YES you can stop the spinning Nod eye.

But I belive you want to know what's going on when the Nod eye is spinning?

So, When the Nod eye starts to spinn a so called (start-up scan) starts,
    wich is a very quick scan of your memory etc.. for threats that might be present.

If you want to disable the startup scan (stop the Nod eye from spinning)
    then you do as following:

In the ESS GUI push > Tools and then> Scheduler and then Untick the one called (Automatic startup file check) And now your Done:thumb:

Hope this helps you Sir;)

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hehe I'm sorry Sir, but there are no settings to change regarding the time the Splash is being shown.

So the only solution is as we said above to disable it totally, or wait it out;)

11. jemz

jemz Registered Member

hello sir thank you for the reply sir,...so if i disable this sir it will not start up scan...sir,can you advice me which is better to disable this spinning or not?i don't want to put my computer in risk...but why is it sir the nod eye spinning morethan 10sec or 20sec...please help me sir hoping for your positive responds...

12. jemz

jemz Registered Member

hello sir it works i already disable the splash screen sir...thank you for the helping me sir

13. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Glad to be at your service Sir;)

14. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes if you do as I described ESS will not make a start-up scan.

Well, I would say NO it doesn't affect the Security to a such level that it will put your computer at risk. Since you still have all the Real-time components ON. And you can always make a manual scan of your PC once a week to be sure you are malware free.

And if you have good Internet habbits?:p
    Then I would say YES you can disable the startup-scan if you really want to.

Cheers, SweX

15. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is not true. Startup scans check files registered in the registry hive with maximum settings so they can scan more files than just real-time protection.

16. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Sure, but as I also said is that he could do a manual scan of the HD once a week.

But I still don't think disabling the start-up scan pust his PC at risk.
    And if he really think the start-up scan takes too long, then he would just be irritated waiting for it to finish.

Though, I haven't said that he should disbale the start-up scan that's get's triggered after every Sig updates since he didn't ask for that, so I belive he still have that one ON Marcos:)

17. jemz

jemz Registered Member

hello sir thank you for the reply, in your esset sir did you disable the start-up scan?...hoping for your positive responds..

18. jemz

jemz Registered Member

hello sir thank you for the reply for the advice and helping me sir and giving me idea...more power to you...

19. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No actually I still got mine ON.

Since I start my PC 2 Minutes before I am going to use it, and when I come the Start-up scan has finished so it's not a problem for me:D

20. jemz

jemz Registered Member

hello sir,... thank you for the reply...i will write again if i have doubt more power to you sir...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.