HELP! How do I get the blasted evaluation off my computer?

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Myrnabird, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrnabird

Myrnabird Guest

My evaluation trial has expired. It happened while my computer was disconnected, and now I can't get the darn pop ups off my computer. Every time I turn on my computer I get 30 pop ups! I don't want to buy the software. I just want to get rid of it. It says to use an .exe file, but I cannot find it.

Can anyone help me? I did write customer support, but they have not answered me.

Thanks, Myrnabird

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

You should have received a reply some time ago. If you have that many popups get rid of them all then simply press REMOVE in the program from the Wormguard desktop icon

If you uninstalled without doing this somehow, or you deleted parts of Wormguard, you can either:

a) Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs
    There should be "DiamondCS Wormguard Hook" if the hook is active. Double click it to remove it and all should be well.

b) Reboot to Safe Mode and delete WGUARD.DLL in the Wormguard folder. This is messier and leaves Windows thinking there is a hook when there isnt, and this is not recommended

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.