HELP!!!! EMERGENCY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AndyM, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

:'( I had a 60gb HD with a pending crash and Dell replaced it with a 80gb HD and I did a restoreI cloned the 60gb HD to the 80gb HD but my main program (BusinessWorks Gold) will not function. So I then did a restore from the image that I did last night and it works fine but the PC wants to reboot because it found "New Hardware" whis it now thinks is the old HD. When it reboots Business works no longer works.

Can I restore just BusinessWorks Gold from the image instead of the entire HD? Or would it be best to format the new HD and just do a restore to the blank HD.

Please help me I am in a crunch

2. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

OK, well I took a leap of faith and formated the 80gb HD and used the Emergency boot disk made with TI. It booted OK and I found the Image that I had made yesterday and did the restore. It booted up fine and I was able to logon without any issues, BUT.

Once I was on the desktop Business works worked fine but the Windows states that it found new hardware and needed to reboot. After rebooting everything worked fine EXCEPT Businessworks.

I AM NOW AT A TOTAL LOSS. How can I get this program to work.? How can I get windows to see the NEW 80gb HD and not think it is the old one and want to reboot?

HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP PLEASE

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, AndyM

It does not think it is the old HDD it is see the new HDD, that why it reboots.

If you have a HDD with free space and alter or add any Partition out side of your OS, on a reboot the OS will say that it has found [or it as installed] new Hardware and ask you to reboot. [there is no way to avoid it]

I do not know the program, but I do not think restoring the program [Folder] will make it work, it seem for some reason the "exe" to the program messed in some way in the registry to stop it starting.

The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall it reboot and then reinstall it.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Take Care,
    TheQuesst :cool:

4. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

I think I messed up and did not image the MBR when I did the 1st image, so what I think I am going to try is to do a restore, not reboot and do another Image and this time include the MBR, then take that Image and do a restore and see if that will work.

The BussinessWorks works fine from the 1st image until I have to reboot. So I am just shooting in the dark to see if this will work.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would dance at their childrens weddings.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AndyM,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are sorry for inconveniences.

This problem seems to be related to the way the BussinessWorks product gets registered in the system. We recommend you to contact BussinessWorks Support Department and describe this situation to them. I believe they will help you to overcome this problem.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

6. TheQuest

Hi, AndyM

If you some how did not have the MBR in your Image, [?] the OS would not boot in to windows. [Would not Boot]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

The only problem with that is the ONLY data as far as OUR ENTIRE 2004 YEAR is in the TI Image stored on the network. BussinessWorks can not help me get that data back, ONLY TI CAN.

8. TheQuest

Hi, AndyM

If it is just the data you need, mount the Image and explore it with Ti. [but the data should be on the restored HDD anyway]

Take Care,

9. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

Thanks, TheQuest

Could you explain to me what you are meaning by "mount the image and explore it"?, that is a little over my head but I am a very quick study. Where do I mount it and how do I extract the data from it?

10. TheQuest

Hi, AndyM

Go [find] to your Image with Ti, and ask Ti to explore it, then it will mount the Image as a [VD] HDD, which you can then explore as if it is a real HDD.

I posted.
    I did not know you only needed the data when I said that.

Take Care,

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  11. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

OK, I have it mounted as my E:\ drive. Do I just copy the program over or do I move it. If I move it will it take it off of the Image?

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AndyM,

Please note that all the data in the drive you have mounted are in read-only mode. If you try to move it (not copy) you will see the error message that you are unable to delete the file from thie drive (that is actually your image rather than real drive).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Andy,

Take a good dep breath. You haven't lost all your data. It's all safe in the backup image that you have been restoring or already restored to the new hard drive.

You should think of Business Works as two parts:
    1. the program and
    2. the data files you created for your business.

When you restore the image and reboot, the program Business Works program doesn't work, but your data is still fine. So, yu need to get the program working.

First, reinstall Business Works and see if the program then works normally. It might be necessary to uninstall the program first and then reinstall it. That's one thing that Business Works tech support could help with.

When the program is running normally, you need to see if it can find your 2004 data in the normal folder where Business Works stores data files. If it can, you are done and everything is working.

If it can't find the data, possibly because the data folder was overwritten during the reinstallation, you will have to copy the data from the image by mounting the image as a virtual hard drive using the Explore function in TrueImage. Then copy the data files from the image (virtual hard drive) to the same folders in the new installation of Business Works.

As a final step, check that your data is all accessible.

I hope that helps.

John

14. AndyM

AndyM Registered Member

Thanks John and everyone else. Data is now recovered and the accountant is happy not to mention the IRS.

15. TheQuest

Hi, AndyM

:D :D

Take Care,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.