Help Disk Director left computer unbootable

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by wcameron, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wcameron

wcameron Registered Member

I have a hard disk that has two partitions, the main one is my bootable partition C: and then the extended partition is E:

I had to add some capacity to C so I reduced the size of E and added that space to my C drive. Now I can't boot. I get the following message:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    \Windows\System32\Config\System.

If I try Windows Repair console it is clear that Windows no longer sees my C: Drive. The drive it now lists as C is the wrong partition.

If I boot to the acronis disk all my partitions appear correctly and they seem to still have data.

What can I do to fix this - I'm desperate?

2. jcerious

jcerious Registered Member

Hey, I'm just curious if you ever got an answer to this!!o_O I see almost 2 weeks has gone by since you asked.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This problem might be due to the hard drive configuration recorded in XP is different to the new configuration.

Microsoft's answer is not very helpful. Try running chkdsk /r at the command console. MS then recommend searching the registry to find the entry that is upsetting XP.

Ref: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822705/en-us

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.