Help Corrupt?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tony0914, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony0914

Tony0914 Registered Member

I had a problem copying a disk image to DVD. After some help and reading I was able to copy the image to 5 DVD-RW discs. The image verified as OK. When I tried to restore the image to a new hard drive the files were read as corrupt. I made a new disk image but had the same problem. Whats UP, can someone please help? Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tony0914,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please verify the image on your 5 DVDs once again after booting with Acronis Bootable CD and let us know the result? If the image is fine please describe how you are tying to restore the image and when you get the error that the image is corrupted.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. xtam667

xtam667 Guest

I got a similar problem. I created an image of my 20 GB C drive splitted in 1,5GB volumes. Five such volumes were created and stored on a different partion. I burned these volumes on two DVD-R discs. Verified the burn, it was OK. But when tried to restore selecting the first volume on the first DVD-R I got the message "This is not the last created volume of the image archive. Please insert the last created volume to start working with this archive." Then I went back to the volume set on the HD and that worked fine. Then I did a byte-by-byte comparison of the first volume on the HD with its copy on the DVD-R with Total Commander and they were shown as being identical. Then I copied the volume back on the HD and compared again with the original. They are identical. So now I have two identical copies of a volume on the same HD, one works, the other does not. I am puzzled. Please help!

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Eh? And why didn't you do as the program asked you to?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello xtam667,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support DVD-R disks. Please use DVD+R, DVD+RW, or DVD-RW instead. To compare the image on the hard drive and on the DVD disk please use the following procedure:

- Download and unpack the checksum utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/xcsc.zip
    - Run the application and click on the ellipsis sign to browse and select the image file;
    - Press "Start" button and after the calculation is complete please save the MD5 sum for the file on had drive and for the one on DVD.

If the sums are different then the files are different as well.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello extam667,

What MiniMax is saying (in his own inimitable way :)) is, that, when restoring from CD or DVD you must insert the last disk first and then follow TI's prompts for subsequent disks.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.