Help,Can't play game with Comodo

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bonedriven, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Maybe it's a stupid problem but I just can't fix it.
    I've just installed comodo and wanna give it a try.When I play Warcraft3 on battlenet I can enter others' games and play.But nobody can enter my game unless I shut down comodo or use "allow all".I even manually added war3.exe and w3l.exe to the trusted application, ticked "allow all activites for this application",but it did not work.
    Generally I'm content with this firewall but now I'm getting mad with it.:blink:

2. RAV

RAV Registered Member

Sorry I can't help, but this is why I went back to ZA since my son is a gamer and he could not stand Comodo on his PC. Running ZA AV 7 now and no problems.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

You'll have to manually set up rules for that particular game i guess. I don't play war3 but i'm sure a google search would give you the specific rules required for hosting a game.

If you are behind a router you'll have to manually add the rules for that as well.

4. bonedriven

ZA is really easy to use and effective I think.But I dropped it because it used too much resource.

5. bonedriven

Thanx for you advice,farmerlee.
    I've solved the problem.In the network control rule,by default TCP/UDP protocol can only send out data but not accecpt incoming data.I modified the rule to allow incoming data,and the problem was gone.But I still do not understand.I think if I have made the application in the trusted zone and allow all its activities,then the general ruleS should not have blocked it.Is it called buggy??
    I'M GOING BACK TO JETICO V1:mad:

6. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I still have to see a game that won't start. Try opening Comodo GUI, open the game, ALT-Tab- answer the pop-up and tick remember if you want.
    If it doesn't work, try using these rules in Comodo's forum, by Panic:

Testers needed to confirm CPF games rule settings

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

it is not a bug in Comodo, it is simply how it works. it has Network rules (functions like a router) and it has Application rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.