Help! Can't get rid of JKSearch!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ENT, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Hi, I've tried TDS3, Spyware Sweeper, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, CWShredder removes it everytime I scan with, even in safe mode. This has been going on for three weeks or so. Sheesh! Please help? Thanks

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi ENT,

jksearch is a hijacker and a CWS variant. Since your anti-spyware apps, and CWShredder is not removing it completely, it may be that your system could have an additional infection, which is continuously putting the infected files back on your system.

At this point, I would advise you to go to one of the forums that offer HijackThis log reviews and post a log. This will help reveal more. Then a spyware expert can walk you through the steps of removing all the infected files.

You can find a list of sites offering this kind of system cleaning here: http://a-sap.org/

Two of the bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than many others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com.

Please read their FAQ's and posting guidelines carefully before posting a log.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards,

snap

3. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Thank You! I will let you know.

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Since you're infected, I guess that you are using the Internet Explorer browser, right?
    Use an alternative browser like firefox or opera to avoid getting infected by CWS. Sigh, most of the CWS infections I see and hear of nowadays usually get in via IE!
    Why can't most computer users practise good safety and precautionary measures while surfing on the internet? :(
    I know a lot of computer users just can't be bothered with their own computer's security, they just surf the internet and click on almost anything they see, never thinking twice about the deadly consequences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.