HELP:Can I repaire windows blue screen error ...

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by sawadin, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sawadin

sawadin Registered Member

Hi ,
    I am getting "c0000218 unknown hard error" and my laptop has come up with the above error message. I've tried all the rebooting options i.e. safe mode etc but they all lead me back to the c000218 message. I am also trying to reboot from CD but PC wont seem to allow it.
    so can I recover this problem with Paragon rescue kit ?
    if yes can I do it if I save the software in a usb flash instead of cd?
    that is the only option that I can go for .
    Or any other suggestions?
    Thanks for any help.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The Paragon Backup and Recovery can be burned to a USB stick so I assume whatever you have can be too. If the PC won't let you boot from a CD there is a chance the USB stick isn't going to be any different because they usually get identified as a hard-drive but there's only one way to find out. I assume you do have the BIOS boot order set correctly for booting from a CD.

If you don't have a USB stick you are going to have to load Paragon on another machine and create one.

A quick look at your error message on Google seems to indicate at least for XP that your registry hive is bad. If the problem is caused by a HD failure then your restoration may not work. Recently there was a laptop user who couldn't get his PC to boot using anything and the failed HD was the problem. Once he disconnected the HD he could boot his CD - replacing the HD fixed all his problems.

If you do get it restored by sure to run chkdsk X: /f /r on all the HD's partitions. This will check the filesystem and do a complete surface scan. Replace the X in the command with the drive letter of the partition being tested, a reboot will likely be necessary to allow chkdsk to run.

3. sawadin

sawadin Registered Member

Thanks for your comment.
    I want to correct what I said in my earlier thread:
    my laptop can only get boot from cd drive and can't found the main harddisk drive;
    either get access to it.
    as you said replacing the hard disk :
    are you saying that I should take out the hard from my computer ?
    if yes ,I can't do that since I am not asavvy person on this part.
    I have used the hiren's boot cd to diganostic the hard disk but no lock and all of the tools get NO HARD DISK FOUND....
    does it mean that my hard disk dead?
    I need to get my data back from hard disk and do not have a back up.
    any comments would be appreciated.
    please tell me if paragon can help me to fix this
    Thank you

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I've never used the Paragon rescue kit but I don't think it would be my first choice for a problem like this if the disk was at least recognized and spinning.

You have a bigger problem if the computer doesn't think it has a hard disk installed since all of the tools require the computer to at least know the drive is present. This indicates there is something seriously wrong with the hard drive.

If you go into the BIOS when you boot the machine is the hard drive listed in BIOS? If not then it is likely dead and if you are unable to handle hardware issues you will have to get somebody to repair it which likely means replacing the drive. There are other components such as the controller on the motherboard that can cause this situation but it is much more probable that it is the drive itself.

If the drive has failed sometimes it is caused by the drive motor not turning and a sharp tap on the case might get it to spin up to provide a chance to get the data off it but this is not too likely. If the drive won't work then your only chance of getting the data off is with a data recovery company that will disassemble the drive and put the platters on another drive. This is very, very expensive!

I hate to say it when you are having trouble but you should have been making backups of at least your personally created data like photos, documents, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.