Help, bios password lost

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by *Ari*, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Hi everyone at Wilders !

Here is one thing I have been up to lately; How to bypass bios password. If you accidently forgot password, or as well your friend did it. There could be several methods to do it, on this site are a few and you can find many more good sites for advices.

http://www.labmice.net/articles/BIOS_hack.htm

The easiest way is ofcourse backdoor passwords but you may have to boot computer after you tried three different passwords. So, the fastest way might be then using kill bios method, either removing cmos battery or using a crack tool [ rpass ] to do it. My favourite is IBIOS a.k.a Bios320 because it doesn´t kill or another word rebuild bios settings.

The reason I bring this here is simple: All of us should know the passwords are not a problem at all when you know what are you doing. Passwords were made for honest people, not for cracker thieves. Same thing considers admin passwords. And furthermore, if your computer was stolen and thieves are not so good at computing, they might find it useless if they are not able to log on.

Here is my recommendation: disable floppy disk boot as well CD boot from bios. Set the password up. This doesn´t stop crackers though, but it make it less easier to use crack tools from a floppy disk. Always use strong passwords - those which ones are not found in any dictionary. The more characters, the stronger password is.

Ari

did I make any sense ?

2. controler

controler Guest

Re:Bios hacks/cracks

1.Remove the BIOS battery backup and your password will dissapear.

2. Reflash the BIOS .. good idea before reformating anyway.

Most people never upgrade their BIOS and never even check to see if a newer version has been released for their computer.

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

If I'd have dis-abled CD Boot the last couple of times I managed to totally crash XP, I wouldn't be online right now.

If you do disable both of those things, what are you supposed to do when you have a major system crash? Pete

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Pete,

Throw it out the window, walk outside, look if the cmos battery was disconnected, paste it all back together again, boot, enter BIOS and re-enable startup from floppy and/or CD.
    Or boot from your second OS and repair it from there.:p (recommended)

Regards,

Pieter

5. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Hey

There are many things to do if you are not able to log on windows. At first run scandisk, just in case if it helps, try to log on again. You got no compressed backup on another partition; you make xcopy commands and all your files are back in order.

In that case you are still able to go on bios to enable cd/floppy boot first.

Ok, guys , I have to explain why I brought this here, I was asked if I can explain it ok.
    This is basic information for all of us : Do not trust any passwords ever. Everything is on the net if anyone likes to learn how to do those things. And trust me this time; do not crack/hack anyone else´s computers than your own ! These tricks might save you amount of money if you are interested in computers, but it can take you behind bars as well if you do something you shouldn´t.
    Finally, I mention that these tricks are part of my education right the moment. I have to learn everything about computers, and I mean everything. And I love to share all I learn. These things are public secrets.

I hope my explanation does make sence? If not, please remove whole thread from here, I wouldn´t mind ok.

friendliest -Ari

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.