HELP! Backing up and validation fails on HD with bad or allocated sectors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Newb888, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newb888

Newb888 Registered Member

I'm trying to backup my Seagate hard drive that has failed the long and short DST. I've tried backing up through USB (which takes longer) and also through Windows XP and Windows 7. Both yield failure.

I haven't tried using the Clone Disk or ignoring error sector(s) feature. Can someone help me how to back up my hard drive?

Thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

What exactly is the failure indication?

TI is a backup program that assumes that hardware is running properly and is not intended for heroic recovery of data.

I would use Windows Explorer and start doing straight copies of all my important data files to another drive. The OS can always be reinstalled but make sure you have your data files. I prefer the Windows copy or equivalent since if one file is bad then one file is bad. By putting them all into a proprietary container file a combination of bad data may render the whole archive incomprehensible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.