Help - antivirus protection is disabled, what do I do?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lissatru, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lissatru

lissatru Registered Member

Hi, I am new to this forum and have a question about ESET NOD32 Antivirus that I downloaded on my PC last weekend. I did a search in the FAQ to see if I could find a post that may already have answered my question but couldn't find anything.

I purchased and downlaoded the software last weekend, all week I have had no problems but when I logged on tonight I noticed the icon was orange instead of green and when i opened the antivirus software up it says "antivirus protection is disabled" and underneath it says "virus scanner initialization failed. Most of the ESET NOD32 antivirus modules will not function properlyo_O? I'm not sure why, and when I looked at the menu items there is no solution on how to fix this and gives no explanation as to why or what has happened, can someone please help!
    Thanks

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Typically the first thing to do in a situation like this is to reboot and see if the problem persists. Have you done that yet?

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Please insure that all other antivirus programs have been uninstalled. It maybe required to run a removal utility to completely get rid of some antivirus software. Follow the link below to see a list on common removal tools:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

After ensuring that all other antivirus is removed completely, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the ESET Software. Follow the link below to see detailed instructions how to uninstall and reinstall:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2116

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.