HELP - Acronis Error Message (E000101F4)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by diverlee, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diverlee

diverlee Registered Member

I tried to run True Image 7.0 (build 613) and received this error message: "E000101F4: Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives."

I have not had problems before. Windows sees the harddisk along with network drives, why doesn't Acronis TI see them?

Any ideas? I'm running WixXPPro. I do not suspect virus or spyware. More likely a wayward setting with WinXP
    Processes.

I ran an Acronis Report and it shows the single harddrive with two partitions, the second being the Acronis Secure Zone.

I believe the problem started sometime after I upgraded from XPHome to XPPro on 6/27. Uninstalling and reinstalling True Image doesn't help. I have same problem (Acronis can't see harddrive) with PartitionExpert. I have latest versions of both.

If I boot from CD, both TrueImage and PartitionExpert can see the harddrive, the first partition, and the Acronis Secure Zone partition. They just can't see the drive and partitions when they are started in windows. Ironically, True Image under Windows still shows the log where I made two previous full images, the latest on 6/20, yet it can't see the harddrive.

I'd be happy to restore from my Secure Zone Image using the bootable CD, but then I would have to spend another couple of hours upgrading to WinXPPro and I expect I'd have the same problem again.

Can you help me? Is it possible some windows service or process was stopped as a result of the upgrade? Should I have removed the Acronis Secure Zone before upgrading?

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

3. diverlee

Thanks beenthereb4. The thread you referenced did the trick. I had sent the same post to Acronis Support a week ago. I'm still waiting for a non-auto response (Case#118465). Acronis' level of support varies inversely to the quality of the product.

Per the thread, another person with the same problem wondered if True Image needed to be manually uninstalled prior to update and was told, "What you might have to do is search your HDD for anything Acronis, Acronis TrueImage. And then use Regedit to do the same."

The other victim responded, "I finally got it working.

1. i uninstalled TI via the control panel, rebooted,
    2. manually removed the acronis folder from common files,
    3. manually deleted the drivers from system32/drivers folder,
    4. use regcleaner to remove any "acronis" keys found, rebooted,
    5. reinstalled build xxx (597), no error when starting up =)"

The same manual uninstall appears to have worked for me.

I'm not sure to what extent I needed to manually uninstall. I never did get rid of all of the registry keys referencing Acronis or True Image.

Same process appears to have worked for Partition Expert.

Too bad Acronis doesn't update the FAQ files. One Acronis True Image FAQ still claims, "Do I need to uninstall the existing version of Acronis True Image 7.0 prior to installing the latest update or the full version I purchased? No. You can install the latest update or the full version of Acronis True Image 7.0 over the existing version. To do this, run the installation program and select 'Repair/Upgrade Acronis True Image' option." Clearly this is incorrect. ;)

Thanks again, Lee Mayfield.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, diverlee

The other victim [clam729] only had the one Acronis Product installed that why
    I gave [him or her] that advice.

You did the right thing not to follow that post to the word or you would made your
    Partition Expert unworkable.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. diverlee

Since I was having the same problem with BOTH True Image and Partition Expert, I followed the post to the extent Windows Regedit32 would allow me to remove keys for both True Image and Partition Expert--somekeys just couldn't be deleted. I then reinstalled both programs and both are now working fine.

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, diverlee

Sorry I did not realize you was having trouble with both.

All well that ends well.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. philelle

philelle Registered Member

I did have the same message... after I upgrade my ABIT KR7A-Raid BIOS

After disabling the Raid Controler in the BIOS, every thing is back on track !...
    I Hope that this information can help you.

8. Bill945

Bill945 Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

I encountered the same problem with both TI & Partitionexpert, i.e., they didn't see my hard drive every time I launched the apps. I submitted my problem to Acronis support and after a month, the problem has been fixed 8^)

Here's the combination that allowed everything to work together:

SnapAPI_s_e.exe, version 121
    TrueImage70_u_en, version 634
    Partitioner2003_u_en, version 292

TI & Partitionexpert will also work singly with SnapAPI_s_e.exe, v121.

I tested the fix on both my windows 95 (yes, 95!) and win98 and the combo works beautifully on both.

Before installing the above 3 apps, I suggest uninstalling the applicable app on your machine. To be sure, I also used regedit to seek out and delete all acronis keys so that I could be sure I started with a clean slate.

Bill
    now, a happy camper
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.