Hello all you "trojan & virus -terminators" - is anyone using Defensewall HIPS?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Rivalen, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

I am - and I am happy about my choise.

Whats your opinion?

What do you think about the new rollback feature?

Its general development - adding new userfriendly way of protection with every new version - what do you think?

Well, maybe I should post on their forum, but its so calm there - DW probably doing its job without problems - and other software have there own forum but still people are posting here!

Could just as well have posted under virus-forum since DW terminates them too...

Looking forward to your comments.

Best Regards

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, you should probably have posted at their forum. Could it be that the relative quietness there is because not many uses it.:eek: ;)

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I have to say that these repeated plugs, both here and elsewhere, are starting to get tiresome.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Yup... here comes Sam with the spam what am.:ninja:

5. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Rivalen,

I am a satisfied user of DefenseWall for the past 3+ months. While I acknowledge that there is no such thing as 100% foolproof security, based upon the links posted below, I am truly convinced that a non-administrator/limited user account and effective process memory memory scanner goes a long way toward providing a solid protection foundation. To achieve that end, I rely upon DefenseWall and BOClean respectively.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1891447,00.asp
    http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2004/06/17/157962.aspx
    http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2004/06/25/166039.aspx

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

6. Rivalen

Thanks for the links - interesting reading.

So. there are two of us that have seen "the light". Congrats to you and me:)

Best Regards

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BTW, what about others?

8. Rivalen

OK. three and counting:D

The talk about spaming - I dont know what to say.

I post because I use a software that I am very pleased with sofar. Its a specific type of internet security Sandbox HIPS and I am interested in hearing from other users and pre-users what their experience are. Nothing odd in that.

If, as I believe, DW is working problemfree for most users I will not find those users over at DW forums - so I post here.

I can see a lot of posts in these forums that has to do with programs that have their own forums, but people still post here because they want to draw from the wast experience and knowledge that many participants of this forum has - wasnt that one of the ideas with the forum?

So all you selfmade spam&plug-police - go play in your own sandbox!:)

Best Regards

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Sorry I am not the third.

I wonder why perple don,t like to discuss this programme here(DW).

And still I wonder if they don,t like, why u are insisting to offer it again and again here.

10. Rivalen

At this forum people tell each other - all the time - what they are using and why they think its good. For amateurs like me thats good information because its mostly coming from users with no economical interest in the software.

Without all those threads I wouldnt be using Outpost, Defensewall, Antivir or ProcessGuard.

So what I am doing is the same thing as everybody else is doing but maybe I am an odd poster since I am not at all as knowledgeable as most of the posters here and maybe DW is an new/odd software in the same line as Sandboxie and BufferZone and others.

I dont think it will be possible to engage many people in a discussion about these software until their protection against malware is properly tested and evaluated.

Much more people use KAV and NAV than people using DW or Bufferzone, so its natural that posting forever and ever about i e KAV + NAV engage more people than when I post about DW, but there is no difference in principal.

With DW I hope I am better protected than most, but I have also read posts about ShadowUser that I find interesting as means of "protection" or "rollback" to a clean system.

To me DW seems sort of a hybrid.

Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.