Heimdal Free and Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JEAM, Jun 30, 2015.

1. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

To avoid this confusion (and the resulting support questions), maybe a future release of the software could adopt a "country-neutral" format, for example "July 1, 2016," or "1 July 2016." The name of the month would then depend on the language installed.

2. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Hi Andra,

There's a new special for Heimdal PRO version 2.0.30 on SharewareOnSale. The "small print" for the offer says that it supports Vista. (See the screenshot.) Is that a mistake? (I'm hoping that it isn't, or that the support policy has expanded back. :thumb: )

Heimdal Pro on Vista.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  3. boredog

boredog Registered Member

Not a bad price!!! I wonder if it will update to the current version? 2.1.2

4. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Could You tell me :) May I use my Hemidal Pro with Spyshelter firewall toghether ?
    or with adguard premium Can I use also ?

regards

5. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

I got message from support. Answer is Yes :)

regards

6. boredog

boredog Registered Member

I got 128 days left so will see then. I have not seen any issues with ADGuard. Don't use Spyshelter so can not say

7. Andra Zaharia

Andra Zaharia Registered Member

Hi Jeam,

That is a mistake indeed. They must've added it after we verified the details. Unfortunately, Vista support is not back.

8. Andra Zaharia

Hi there,

Yes, of course. Heimdal PRO plays well with any security product. Should you ever need any type of help, my colleagues are always happy to provide the support you need (support@heimdalsecurity.com).

Thanks for your interest!

9. faircot

faircot Registered Member

I thought it was very funny that when I received an email from Heimdal yesterday telling me about their offer on Securetunnel VPN (never heard of them) that the programme blocked securetunnel.com and it appeared in the blocked website log.
    Left hand and right hand :argh:

Attached Files:

10. Andra Zaharia

Hi there!

This is definitely strange. We don't have it blocked in our DNS (I've checked with my colleagues from support). We'll look into it further and let you know.

We sometimes recommend products that are compatible with Heimdal to our users, such as privacy products or other security solutions, in order to help them increase their online safety and get a good price while doing it.

Keep the feedback coming, we definitely use it and are keen to hear more.

Have a good weekend!

11. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Hi Andra,

Thanks for following up on that question.

12. Poppey

Poppey Registered Member

Hello, I have also bought Heimdal Pro. But since I have installed it I have many problems. Updates for 360 Total Security does not work since 05 March. Now I look into Heimdal blocked sites, there is the update site for 360 Total Security blocked and there is no chance to delete it from the blocked sites into Heimdal. Sometimes I get no conection to the internet. The problem is that Heimdal changes the settings in Windows to 127.0.0.1 and sometimes something goes wrong. Sorry, but at the moment I have more problems after instalation the software as before.

13. cybergary

cybergary Registered Member

I've had to disable traffic filtering and scanning since the 4th, it is causing dns lookup issues.

Message from support:
    My reply:

14. Poppey

Poppey Registered Member

The problems starts yesterday. 360 Total Security can't make updates. I see in the blocked sites the update adress. Then I have the graphic program Capture One on my PC. Yesterday I can't check if I had updates, I also can't log in on their Phase One website. After deinstalling Heimdal, 360 Total Security makes the updates and Capture One also checks for updates. For 360 Total Security I m realy shure that Heimdal was the reason that it doesn't work. For Capture One I don't know if the Phase One Server was down.
    It would be good if I have more control over Heimdal. That I can allow sites.

15. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

THat would defeat the purpose. Email their support and report the websites you are having trouble with. If they are safe Heimdal will add them. If not you should reconsider their use

16. Andra Zaharia

Hi there,

Sorry you've experienced this issues. Sometimes Heimdal PRO may report false positives and block websites which may have been infected at some point (totally or partially) or connected in any way with cyber criminal infrastructure. I'm not saying this is the case, but you can definitely ask my colleagues from support to delete the blocked website from our list, so you can use 360 Total Security and Heimdal PRO together, with no interference from either one.

Thank you for your patience,
    Andra

17. cybergary

cybergary Registered Member

Traffic Filtering is working normally again.

I got this reply on the 7th of March:

18. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi Andra,
    Finally decided to make the plunge and I bought the Pro version for my laptop. Had a little problem on the beginning (had no Internet connections, or limited connection) but the people from Support where very prompt to answer and they fix my problem within 24 hours! Thanks for your outstanding support:)

Since then it's working very smooth and very light. Don't even notice it's there.

19. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Hi Andra,

The trial license on one of my PCs is about to expire. I have a new key, purchased last month.

How do I enter that key? I launched Heimdal Pro, but I can't delete the existing key or write the new one over it. Meanwhile, clicking on the "Renew now!" button takes me to Heimdal's page for renewing, but doesn't seem to offer any way to enter the new key.

Thanks in advance for your help.

20. Andra Zaharia

So glad to hear that!

We're working on major improvements you'll see in the next months, so I hope you'll find Heimdal PRO even more transparent and useful.

Thank you for giving it a chance!

21. Andra Zaharia

Hi Jeam,

If you go to Settings -> License, you'll see that you have a field labeled "Enter new license key here". Just fill in with the new key once the old one expires and you'll continue to run Heimdal PRO as usual. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thanks for your patience!

22. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi Andra,

This is good to hear. Looking forward for the new version.:)

23. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Thank you, Andra.

I should have specified that, when I had the trouble entering the new license key, I was on Heimdal Pro version 1 and not 2. So, for anybody out there who's still on version 1, be aware that it seems not to be possible to enter a new license key on that version.

One question about version 2: in version 1, you could right-click on the Heimdal icon in the notification area and open a context menu. This doesn't seem to work for version 2: I have to left-click on the icon in order to open Heimdal Pro and only then choose which part of the program to view. Was this a deliberate change? I'm asking in case it wasn't, which would mean that something went wrong with my installation of version 2.

24. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

You're right. No notification area context menu in v2.

25. JEAM

JEAM Registered Member

Thanks, now at least we know it's probably by design.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.