heavy lan trafic

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by eingram, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eingram

eingram Registered Member

I am runnong xp home sp2, avast antivirus,webroot antispyware. Network is configured with one lan connection and one internet connection. I use the icons in the taskbar to see activity. I have noticed in the last two days that the lan activity is constant. (Both monitors are lit constantly) this is not normal; usually there will only be activity when I am connecting to the web or downloading a start page or other web activity that I know about. I have recently downloaded some scenic pictures to use as wallpaper and one of the sites had a .ru at the end. I have scanned with AdAware, SpySweeper, and Avast, but none of them have uncovered anything. What so you suggest I do to uncover the hidden program that is constantly talking back and forth on my LAN?

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Any decent firewall should do this (if your current one doesn't, take this as an indication that you should change it). However the best program for this would be DiamondCS' Port Explorer (trial available).

Since it is very likely that you have malware at work, check out Castlecops' Malware Removal and Prevention for how to get rid of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.