HDM15 very slow full backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Anakunda, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Anakunda

Anakunda Registered Member

HI, I'm doing automated periodic backup (full) of two partitions. In the past it took not more than hour and half to finish but since some moment processing time extended to approximately 10 hours, which means that computer must be turned on all this time. I consider this non normal speed of processing (the problem is with 2nd partition as first one is done in less than a hour). While the size of final snapshot is not much bigger than in the begins (~120GB).
    Is any explanation for this rapid increase of duration and solution how to revert to fast snapshot creation? Backup is made from internal SATA drive to external USB3 drive (writing speed varies between 50-150MB/s)

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

There may be problems in the disk. Check the partition for disk errors, run chkdsk with the "repair" option, check the SMART parameters (use CrystalDiskInfo or similar programs).

3. Anakunda

Hey Robin
    thanks for your hint
    But disk integrity is not on cause (chkdsk d: /f /r didn't discover anything suspicious)
    Crystaldiskinfo SMART status no warnings

4. Anakunda

If I observe the full image backup process the speed begins at normal speed but going forward to 100% the speed decreases up to about one hour per last 3% (97-100%).
    What causes that? I'm feeling like that's something wrong with VSS but can't find a way to switch from VSS to PHC driver.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.