HDM15 cloned drive and cannot boot from original drive now

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Jews, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Jews

Jews Registered Member

Hello,

Used Hard Drive Manager 15 last night to clone laptop drive to higher capacity drive. Clone operation appears to have succeeded and laptop starts up with a screen to either 'start windows normally' or ' run recover mode.'

When I run the recovery mode I get my laptops recovery software which wants to reformat my original drive so I don't want to loose my original hard drive data.

When I try the start windows normally option the laptop just sits there with no action.

How did cloning remove the startup for my existing system and how do I get it back?

~Jeff

2. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

Cloning does not change anything on the original disk.
    How do you perform operations: from HDM installed in the OS or a booted from the recovery media? How do you connect the large target drive, via USB?

3. Jews

Jews Registered Member

Thanks for your reply fireworker! It turns out that the reboot after cloning just needed a few minutes to reload the boot partition so everything came back fine and cloned drive is also working perfectly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.